Volunteering on a TWP

Old May 25th 2014, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisw84 will become famous soon enoughChrisw84 will become famous soon enough
Default Volunteering on a TWP

Hi All.

I've been living in Balgonie SK for roughly 7 months and have been asked by the local fire hall if i would like to volunteer. Im currently on my TWP but waiting for my PR to come through. All medicals, bills and paper work has been completed, just the long wait to hear now.

What I and the local fire hall would like to know, is it possible for me to volunteer with them while on my TWP? states on the permit, i can only work in my authorized trade: bricklayer, and only working for my employer, as well as a limit on having to ask for authorization to attend any vocational courses i might need.

From what the fire hall has told me, it is entirely on a volunteer basis with some in house training and some training needed in Prince Albert and possibly some other locations. but these aren't vocational from what i have been told. so i'm not sure if i would have to ask for authorization to attend?

I'd love the opportunity to do this as i'd love to get more involved in the community. just not sure if i would be allowed.

thanks in advance
Old May 25th 2014, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Volunteering on a TWP

Read section 5.1 of this link on page 28 and you tell me
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf
Old May 26th 2014, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Chrisw84 will become famous soon enoughChrisw84 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Volunteering on a TWP

Ok i've read through it and to me says unless im getting paid or taking the place of a canadian or PR I can volunteer? After one too many birthday beers its a little confusing. My apologies