visitor's record

Old Jun 28th 2002, 3:20 am
John Jones

Default visitor's record

hello all,

I'm in Ottawa, living with my Canadian wife, and am ready to submit the application
for inland PR. Have done the medical already and am awaiting one more fingerprint
check from US.

What I do NOT have is a visitor's record. We drove into Canada last month at Sarnia,
were asked several questions but no visitor's record was given.

The checklists (among others) say this is necessary for the application.
* Do I now go to the closest border to obtain one?
* What should I specifically ask for?

Thank you!

Old Jun 28th 2002, 12:20 pm
The Wizzard

Default Re: visitor's record

I believe you can just go to your nearest border post and ask for one. explina you
are married to a Canadian citizen and in the process of an inland application and
require a visitors record. as far as i am aware all it is is an offical piece of
paper stating your visitor status in Canada with dates etc. However, if you have not
sent the forms in yet i would take a minute to refelct on the fact that the new law
comes into effect today and you no longer need to apply inland under Humanitarian and
Compassionate grounds, you should look for the new CIC website and forms (presuming
they come out on time) and use those.

Drew

"John Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > hello all,
    >
    > I'm in Ottawa, living with my Canadian wife, and am ready to submit the application
    > for inland PR. Have done the medical already and am awaiting one more fingerprint
    > check from US.
    >
    > What I do NOT have is a visitor's record. We drove into Canada last month at
    > Sarnia, were asked several questions but no visitor's record was given.
    >
    > The checklists (among others) say this is necessary for the application.
    > * Do I now go to the closest border to obtain one?
    > * What should I specifically ask for?
    >
    > Thank you!

Old Jul 4th 2002, 6:20 pm
Ron Beirnes

Default Re: visitor's record

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:14:27 +0000 (UTC), "The Wizzard"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I believe you can just go to your nearest border post and ask for one. explina you
    >are married to a Canadian citizen and in the process of an inland application and
    >require a visitors record. as far as i am aware all it is is an offical piece of
    >paper stating your visitor status in Canada with dates etc. However, if you have not
    >sent the forms in yet i would take a minute to refelct on the fact that the new law
    >comes into effect today and you no longer need to apply inland under Humanitarian
    >and Compassionate grounds, you should look for the new CIC website and forms
    >(presuming they come out on time) and use those.
    >
    >Drew
    >
    >"John Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> hello all,
    >>
    >> I'm in Ottawa, living with my Canadian wife, and am ready to submit the
    >> application for inland PR. Have done the medical already and am awaiting one more
    >> fingerprint check from US.
    >>
    >> What I do NOT have is a visitor's record. We drove into Canada last month at
    >> Sarnia, were asked several questions but no visitor's record was given.
    >>
    >> The checklists (among others) say this is necessary for the application.
    >> * Do I now go to the closest border to obtain one?
    >> * What should I specifically ask for?
    >>
    >> Thank you!
    >The new checklist is not very different from the old check list for in Canada
    >applications, they ask you to provide evidence of your visitor status in
    >Canada, however,
the immigration officers in Vegreville are aware that Americans do not need a
passport to enter Canada and in most cases do not have a visitor record issued on
entry and you would simply indicate the time you entered the country and reflect
this in the documentation that you provide. As you are aware the maximum period that
you can remain in Canada without a document is 6 months from the date you entered
the country, if you are within these limits you can submit your application if not
you would be wise to leave the country and come back in as a visitor as the new
rules for restoration only permit a 90 period that you can be in Canada without
status. Ron Beirnes
R.B. Global Immigration Consultants Ltd. 1540-1100 Melville St. Vancouver, BC V6E 4A6
Phone (604) 688-3081 fax 688-3015 email [email protected] Webb page
http://www3.telus.net/rbglobal