Visitor Visa

Old Jun 8th 2002, 7:20 pm
Subbiah

Default Visitor Visa

My parents are planning to come here for a few months as visitors from India. I came
with my family last august (PR)and I am employed full time. What is the procedure for
Indian citizens?

Old Jun 8th 2002, 9:20 pm
None Noner

Default Re: Visitor Visa

"subbiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> My parents are planning to come here for a few months as visitors from India. I
    > came with my family last august (PR)and I am employed full time. What is the
    > procedure for Indian citizens?

There is no different procedure for Indian citizens, they have to apply for visitor
visa's just like everyone else.

You need to send them a letter of invitation to visit you in Canada, and also
indicate that you will be financially responsible for all their expenses while here,
as well as repatriation to India if required.

They need to apply for a visitor's visa at New Delhi, show sufficient funds to
support themselves, if possible provide income tax assessments to show the source of
these funds, potentially return tickets (these always help in demonstrating that the
intention is to return, but again is not a gurantee). They also need to show ties to
India (property, fixed deposits etc) and if their stay is going to be more than 6
months, they have to get immigration medical exams done. Medical exams for visitors
from India is not required if the proposed length of stay is less than 6 months.

Complete information as well as forms and requirements may be found at the
CIC website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG