Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

visiting us as PR of canada+jim, andrew, advise

visiting us as PR of canada+jim, andrew, advise

Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

anxious_glo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visiting us as PR of canada+jim, andrew, advise

hi i have a question.

once i become a landed permanent resident, do i have to apply for visa to come to us? my visa to us expired in december but my employemnt authorization is alive until aug. 2005. i work here and wish to continue for at least sometime. anywayz do i apply for new visa, or do i get to come in with my EAD and work letters, valid i 20? also, if i want to abandon my work, will i be able to visit usa without applying for visa, if it is for less than 30 days?, as i have plenty of family and friends here, plus a cousin's wedding reception will be in us (while he gets married in canada) and i will have to come for that, which is after my work authorization's expiration?...

phew!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:55 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visiting us as PR of canada+jim, andrew, advise

Wrong forum - you need to ask in US immigration forum.

Originally Posted by anxious_glo
hi i have a question.

once i become a landed permanent resident, do i have to apply for visa to come to us? my visa to us expired in december but my employemnt authorization is alive until aug. 2005. i work here and wish to continue for at least sometime. anywayz do i apply for new visa, or do i get to come in with my EAD and work letters, valid i 20? also, if i want to abandon my work, will i be able to visit usa without applying for visa, if it is for less than 30 days?, as i have plenty of family and friends here, plus a cousin's wedding reception will be in us (while he gets married in canada) and i will have to come for that, which is after my work authorization's expiration?...

phew!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 1:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Wrong forum - you need to ask in US immigration forum.

And to add to Andrew's post, unless you are eligible for the US visa waiver then you do need a visa to visit the US, even if you are a Canadian PR.

Jeremy
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

One of our forum member Sandeep went to Canada and after completing his landing process came back to US. He had expired H1B visa but valid I-94. I think restriction is that you have to come back with in 30 days. Try to use search option to find that post. He also posted concerned custom post's phone numbers. So you better call them and get that verified.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

anxious_glo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by orazone
One of our forum member Sandeep went to Canada and after completing his landing process came back to US. He had expired H1B visa but valid I-94. I think restriction is that you have to come back with in 30 days. Try to use search option to find that post. He also posted concerned custom post's phone numbers. So you better call them and get that verified.

thanks! my only hitch might be that i'm traveling to london before canada, and so i would be asked to return my i 94. im on OPT and am working legitimately for a legitimate company and have all the docs in tact and up to date.