Visa still valid but can i travel

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

maz29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa still valid but can i travel

I currently have a valid Bunac visa that expires Jan 2011 and sometime in Sept i applied for an work permit extension and it was refused because i need an LMO which i cant get because my job doesn't pay me enough and my employer cant get it for me. So what my employer has applied for a PNP for me and that's still in progress its on a long backlog of 14-20weeks which will be way after my visa expires.
So my question is, is it safe for me to go to Seattle in DEC am worried cause i might not be allowed back into the country because on my refusal on my record but at the same time am still on a valid work permit status., i already have a refused work permit. Does anyone have any suggestions? should i risk it or not am
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa still valid but can i travel

The only way to be certain of the correct information is to get it from the visa office. I would do a case specific e-mail and ask them. With the best will in the world other forum users will try to help...but if Visa office say it will be okay...I would print off a copy of that e-mail to take with you to be sure you won't have any problems. It is way too risky to rely on any unsubstantiated opinion...however well meant.
Hope this helps
Stef

Originally Posted by maz29
I currently have a valid Bunac visa that expires Jan 2011 and sometime in Sept i applied for an work permit extension and it was refused because i need an LMO which i cant get because my job doesn't pay me enough and my employer cant get it for me. So what my employer has applied for a PNP for me and that's still in progress its on a long backlog of 14-20weeks which will be way after my visa expires.
So my question is, is it safe for me to go to Seattle in DEC am worried cause i might not be allowed back into the country because on my refusal on my record but at the same time am still on a valid work permit status., i already have a refused work permit. Does anyone have any suggestions? should i risk it or not am
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

maz29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks lins and Stef McLachlan for the advice i think that's probably the wisest thing to do at this moment. i don't want to take unnecessary risks.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck
Stef
Originally Posted by maz29
Thanks lins and Stef McLachlan for the advice i think that's probably the wisest thing to do at this moment. i don't want to take unnecessary risks.