Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visa stamping at Buffalo recently??

Visa stamping at Buffalo recently??

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Minerva101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport sent to Buffalo recently??

Hi!

Did anybody send the passport for visa stamping from Canada to Buffalo recently??. They got mine on march 4 and I have not hear anything yet. I sent a prepaid Xpresspost envelope to send it back (so, I have the tracknig number) and I am checking Canadapost frequently and still is not in the mail. Is this normal??.

Thanks

Mini

Last edited by Minerva101; Mar 22nd 2005 at 1:18 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:09 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport sent to Buffalo recently??

Originally Posted by Minerva
Hi!

Did anybody send the passport for visa stamping from Canada to Buffalo recently??. They got mine on march 4 and I have not hear anything yet. I sent a prepaid Xpresspost envelope to send it back (so, I have the tracknig number) and I am checking Canadapost frequently and still is not in the mail. Is this normal??.

Thanks

Mini
It takes between 4 and 8 weeks so there is nothing to worry about.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Visa stamping at Buffalo recently??

So much!!!!!. They said in my passport request that they will send it within 15 working days after receiving the passport!!!. Is going to be 15 working days already on friday!!!. Anyway, I will keep waiting, there is nothing I can do.

Somebody in the same situation??

Mini
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

kudla is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Visa stamping at Buffalo recently??

So much!!!!!. They said in my passport request that they will send it within 15 working days after receiving the passport!!!. Is going to be 15 working days already on friday!!!. Anyway, I will keep waiting, there is nothing I can do.

Somebody in the same situation??

Mini
I got mine in exacly 12 business days(sent it on mar 7th 05). Passports with visa showed up a day after my e-client changed to 'Decision made' which was yesterday...

Yours should come soon
Kudla
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kudla:

Are you in Canada or in US?

Thanks a lot!!

Mini
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

sachdhr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Mini,
My passport got to Buffalo on March 3rd, Thursday. My E-Client changed to Decision Made on Monday, March 21st.
I am also currently in Quebec planning to move to Toronto to start work in early May.

Has your e-Client changed to Decision Made or its still saying "Meds Received"?

sachdhr

Hi!

Thanks

Mini
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

kudla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sachdhr
Hey Mini,
My passport got to Buffalo on March 3rd, Thursday. My E-Client changed to Decision Made on Monday, March 21st.
I am also currently in Quebec planning to move to Toronto to start work in early May.

sachdhr
Hi Mini,

I'm in US, but since all the formalities are over the timeframe to receive the passports with the Visa should be the same, dont you think....?

Kudla
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Nop, mi e-client did not change, its still saying 'Medical results have been received" . I am also checking canadapost (I have the tracking number), but nothing yet. Do you have your tracking number?, Do you know if they already mailed back?. Is going to be 15 working days already (thay got it on March 4, Friday).

I have noticed that people in US are getting their passport sooner. Probably is because thay do no have to cross the border to mail them or something like that. Anyway, I am not happy!!!. Now the holidays are coming and the waiting continues.......

Please let me know as soon as you know something else.

Thanks

Mini

Last edited by Minerva101; Mar 23rd 2005 at 7:33 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi sachdr:

Did you receive your passport?.

Thanks

Minerva

Originally Posted by sachdhr
Hey Mini,

sachdhr
Old Mar 28th 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

No mini, I did not. I really NEED to go to New York due to an emergency health situation with my younger brother.
I absolutely need the passport back. It will be one month very soon for me. I will put up a post as soon as I get the passport back.

Cheers.

Hi sachdr:

Did you receive your passport?.

Thanks

Minerva
Old Mar 28th 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks sachdhr. I think this depend on the visa officer dealing with your case. I have read about lots of people that have sent their passports after us and already received them back. Do you mind if I ask you the three initials that you have in your sticker after your file number?. It should be something like B XXX XXX XXX fallowed by three initials. I think these are the initials of the officer encharge of your case.

Have you considered the possibility of sending them a FAX?

Thanks

Mini
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

guest210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, this is certainly not good. I didn't realize there was such a disparity in processing times for people in the US and Canada. Before sending it, I saw many people report 10-12 working day turnarounds, so I didn't worry too much about it. But too was hoping to visit my family in New York in mid-April as well--luckily I didn't book anything yet.

Minerva: I don't think that those letters are the initials of an officer. Mine have remained the same since my AOR and they do not correspond to the officer listed on my CAIPS. I think that we just have to wait, although if you have waited beyond the service standards, I am sure that a Fax will not cause any harm, but perhaps you should ask one of the experts.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

May be but I cant be sure. I dont know the name of my officer. However my e-client changed to "Decision Made" last Monday- a week ago.

I guess there were a few holidays too. I am just impatient because of my brother. Oh well... waited so long for PR... what's a couple more days tho, right?

Will let u know the day i get mine back.

Thanks sachdhr. I think this depend on the visa officer dealing with your case. I have read about lots of people that have sent their passports after us and already received them back. Do you mind if I ask you the three initials that you have in your sticker after your file number?. It should be something like B XXX XXX XXX fallowed by three initials. I think these are the initials of the officer encharge of your case.

Have you considered the possibility of sending them a FAX?

Thanks

Mini
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:40 am
Account Closed

guest210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sachdhr,

Did you check your tracking number to see if its on its way? It is true that postal holidays in Canada really slow things down--especially considering that there is no Saturday delivery either. And this weekend was a 4-day postal holiday! Yikes!

Sorry to hear about your Bro, you must feel trapped. I hope things turn out ok. At least as a US citizen, I can probably cross with my expired American passport and student visa.