Visa received from Embassy Berlin

Old Apr 9th 2009, 8:28 am
Just Joined

pc1957 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa received from Embassy Berlin

As I already mentioned in another thread I received my PRR on March 11th. I did sent the passports, one foto each and a filled out form with personal information to the Embassy in Berlin on March 16th,2009 with registered mail. The Embassy did receive it on March 18th, 2009.
Up until yesterday I did not receive my passports so I enquired via e-mail about the status. This morning I got a reply from the Embassy that they sent the passports on March 25th, 2009 with registered mail and that I was notified. In fact I was not notified by German Mail. So I went to the post office this morning in order to pick up the passports.

Since March 27th, 2009 they were waiting for me at the post office and I did not even know about it. Know I am extremely happy and can´t keep me eyes of the visas and the COPR.

I wish everybody here good luck for their plans and dreams. Keep the faith, be strong and realize your dreams.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

kingswaydriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa received from Embassy Berlin

thanks for the good luck wish and congratulation.hope all your Canadian dreams come thru.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:27 pm
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

I too am applying for processing via the Berlin embassy. How long did they take to deal with your application?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi Robert,

here is my timeline:

Application filed: July 1st, 2006
AOR: August 16th, 2006
Update Request: 10 Juli 2008
Medical forms received: September 25th, 2008
Medicals done: October 27th (wife) and November 3rd (myself) of 2008, additional reports necessary (cardiologist, radiologist) due to hypertension, medicals completed January 21st, 2009, Medical findings received by Embassy Febuary 25th, 2009
PPR received: March 11th, 2009
Passports sent: March 16th, 2009
Passports received by embassy: March 18th, 2009
Visa issued: March 23rd, 2009

I hope that will give you a good idea. Good luck to you and always keep the faith.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 5:50 pm
Perfer et obdura

anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pc1957
Hi Robert,

here is my timeline:

Application filed: July 1st, 2006
AOR: August 16th, 2006
Update Request: 10 Juli 2008
Medical forms received: September 25th, 2008
Medicals done: October 27th (wife) and November 3rd (myself) of 2008, additional reports necessary (cardiologist, radiologist) due to hypertension, medicals completed January 21st, 2009, Medical findings received by Embassy Febuary 25th, 2009
PPR received: March 11th, 2009
Passports sent: March 16th, 2009
Passports received by embassy: March 18th, 2009
Visa issued: March 23rd, 2009

I hope that will give you a good idea. Good luck to you and always keep the faith.
Great info, thanks :-)
Did you have the medicals done by a DMP in Germany, and if so, how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking? I am planning to have mine done in Munich if and when the time comes, as that's the closest DMP to where I live.

Thanks again
Heather
Old Apr 10th 2009, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi Heather,

I had my medicals in Munich too.The DMP ist Dr. Friedrich Renner. I assume he is in his early 40s and a very nice guy. It costs € 250,00 incl. x-rays.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 9:32 pm
Perfer et obdura

Originally Posted by pc1957
Hi Heather,

I had my medicals in Munich too.The DMP ist Dr. Friedrich Renner. I assume he is in his early 40s and a very nice guy. It costs € 250,00 incl. x-rays.
Wow excellent! That's not as bad as I expected. Does he do the x-rays, or do you have to go to the Gesundheitsamt or somewhere?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Hi Heather,

he is not doing the x-rays himself. he is referring you to a group practise of radiologists "Radiologie am Prinzregentenplatz". The staff and the doctors were very friendly.