Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which visa office? London or Ottawa

Which visa office? London or Ottawa

Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which visa office? London or Ottawa

Hi

I've been living in BC for over a year now and Imm0008 is asking me what office I want to process our application. Am I correct in thinking I have the choice of requesting London or Ottawa to process our pnp application?

If so which should I choose? A quick glace at processing times on the CIC website puts it at 23 months for applications to London and 11 months at Ottawa. I know that processing times can change but Ottawa seems the best office to request if I can, would you agree?

Thanks
Old Jan 6th 2013, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice
Default Re: Which visa office? London or Ottawa

Originally Posted by tee1
Hi

I've been living in BC for over a year now and Imm0008 is asking me what office I want to process our application. Am I correct in thinking I have the choice of requesting London or Ottawa to process our pnp application?

If so which should I choose? A quick glace at processing times on the CIC website puts it at 23 months for applications to London and 11 months at Ottawa. I know that processing times can change but Ottawa seems the best office to request if I can, would you agree?

Thanks
As you're already in Canada, you can select Ottawa. They only process 'within Canada' applications.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 12:25 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Lloydies
As you're already in Canada, you can select Ottawa. They only process 'within Canada' applications.
Note that the OP has to be ADMITTED to Canada for 1 year to use Ottawa rather than London. Not given 6 months and then got an extension.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Note that the OP has to be ADMITTED to Canada for 1 year to use Ottawa rather than London. Not given 6 months and then got an extension.
I'm on an IEC visa at the moment PMM, as is my Boyfriend who is the principle applicant. We've had 2 one year visa's granted back to back, would that be ok for Ottawa? Is this a no brainer to choose Ottawa if I can then? Or am I missing something

Thankyou
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I'm on an IEC visa at the moment PMM, as is my Boyfriend who is the principle applicant. We've had 2 one year visa's granted back to back, would that be ok for Ottawa? Is this a no brainer to choose Ottawa if I can then? Or am I missing something

Thankyou
Then you are fine as I assume your work permit was issued for a year.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Then you are fine as I assume your work permit was issued for a year.
Thanks, thats good to know and will hopefully cut some time off the process but guess we'll see
Old Jan 6th 2013, 12:12 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Thanks, thats good to know and will hopefully cut some time off the process but guess we'll see
Hi,

Just to let you know the processing time for PNP applications via London Visa office is 6 months. I know the main CIC website says 23 months but i have had it confirmed by email from london that the processing time is 6 months as stated on the Canadian High Commission London website http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nt.aspx?view=d I am not sure why there is a conflict of information but it may take longer to process applications from other countries like Pakistan, but if you are a uk citizen its usually quite quick. Hope this helps.

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:22 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi,

Just to let you know the processing time for PNP applications via London Visa office is 6 months. I know the main CIC website says 23 months but i have had it confirmed by email from london that the processing time is 6 months as stated on the Canadian High Commission London website http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nt.aspx?view=d I am not sure why there is a conflict of information but it may take longer to process applications from other countries like Pakistan, but if you are a uk citizen its usually quite quick. Hope this helps.

Regards

Andrew
Well if you look at Open Data you will see that from Oct 01/11 to Sept 30/12
that the following processing times are shown. Note these numbers are from CGMS and probably the most accurate.

Apps refusal 20% 30% 50% 70% 80%
Provincial Nominees 2,661 241 92% 2,599 9 10 13 18 23

Sorry doesn't format very well
Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:31 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Well if you look at Open Data you will see that from Oct 01/11 to Sept 30/12
that the following processing times are shown. Note these numbers are from CGMS and probably the most accurate.

Apps refusal 20% 30% 50% 70% 80%
Provincial Nominees 2,661 241 92% 2,599 9 10 13 18 23

Sorry doesn't format very well
As i said the London visa office processing times for applicants who are not UK citizens might be longer. I emailed them twice asking to clarify the processing times, both replies state that it was 6 months for PNP applicants. A couple of UK citizens on here got their PR from London in 4 months last year, some 6 months and some a little longer (due to extra medicals) so proof is in the processing of recent PNP applications of UK citizens in the last 12 months. So its up to you what you want to belive is true?

Regards

Andrew