visa office

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

waterfall will become famous soon enough
Default visa office

Hi Everyone!
My Husband and I applied under FSW category 2 and got positive response since June 18 2012 but until now we don't know which visa office is processing our application. We are currently in the US and since Buffalo visa office is closed the email we received from CIC says that our application would be forwarded to A VISA office without indicating which one.
Any help with this? Suggestions? Anyone in the same boat?

Thank you all
Old Sep 24th 2012, 1:17 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa office

Hi

Originally Posted by waterfall
Hi Everyone!
My Husband and I applied under FSW category 2 and got positive response since June 18 2012 but until now we don't know which visa office is processing our application. We are currently in the US and since Buffalo visa office is closed the email we received from CIC says that our application would be forwarded to A VISA office without indicating which one.

Thank you all
Application processed in Ottawa. COPR/Interview if necessary will be at one of the offices in the US.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Calgarian_Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all

I am in the same boat as you kind of, only that my application was submitted within Canada, as i am already here on TWP.

i received the positive response on June 5th, 2012 and that my application will be forwarded to the visa office., though i chose CPP-O as my visa office in my application.

I havent heard anything since then. I will let you know if i receive any correspondence again, and you can do the same to.

All the best.......as the waiting game continues
Old Sep 30th 2012, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys!

Thank you so much for your responses and sorry it took me a while to get back to you.
@PMM: yes you're right the file is in Ottawa pilot. I actually decided to contact Ottawa pilot visa office to check if our application has been redirected to them after reading a little bit on the CIC website.

I sent them an email the 23rd and they responded on the 28th. I'm including here my email and their answer:

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is XXX. My date of birth is XXX my application number is E00XXX and my UCI number is XXX

CIC received my FSW application on May 28th 2012 and I received a positive review June 18, 2012 but the email said that my application would be sent to "a visa office" for further processing.

I'm sending this email to check if my application has been redirected to your visa office and is being processed there because by the time I applied I didn't know that Buffalo visa office would close and I put it under 'visa office' as I live in New York City.

I really appreciate your help!

The Answer:
File number: E00XXX

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is in process in Ottawa. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

The standard processing time for your immigration category is 15 months

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regards,

So the standard processing time is 15 months It seems like the waiting journey just started
It's really long especially after waiting for more than 9 months now since the day we started the process (getting the AEO) and all and sometimes we think that we didn't take the right decision (I mean maybe we should have thought about TW visa and I don't really know if we can still do it at this level after applying for permanent residency. Any thoughts?
@ Calgarian-Hunter: Hope this would be helpful, Best of luck and please let's keep each other updated in this long journey

Best,

Waterfall
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

I hope that the information I put here would be of some help to someone in this forum!
Old Oct 5th 2012, 9:43 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it will. It's always good to see people post feedback, concerning CIC, here at BE

It's what makes BE such a useful self help Forum.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

@ Waterfall,

will definitely keep you updated.....
Old Oct 5th 2012, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi James.mc,

I was sure about that too but my previous message was just an attempt to keep the thread on the first page for more people to read the answer I got from ottawa pilot as many people are wondering about their processing time I read on your timeline that your application was reopened after a complaint letter from you. Well, it's really good that they give some people a second chance Best of luck for you!
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

@ Waterfall................anything new?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 2:23 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Hi James.mc,

I was sure about that too but my previous message was just an attempt to keep the thread on the first page for more people to read the answer I got from ottawa pilot as many people are wondering about their processing time I read on your timeline that your application was reopened after a complaint letter from you. Well, it's really good that they give some people a second chance Best of luck for you!