Wikiposts

VISA

Old Jul 18th 2010, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

ade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really nice
Question visa

My wife is a Canadian citizen ,we got married here in the UK LAST JUNE.
She had to fly back to canada to do her fiance visa ,they told her it had to be done in canada because, the the new law and rule;s had just changed in May of 2008 when we had started this process.
then her marriage visa could of been done here but she had to be out in canada for a wedding in aug of last year,they couldn't get her in before she had to go so she did it out there instead.

Now we want to move to Canada we are both here in the UK still ,she has kids out there and family we can stay with them until we find a place,, my self and my wife are both working here in the UK.

NOW we need help, which visa forms would I need to fill out,so I can live there and work permanently.??

thank you, Ade
Old Jul 19th 2010, 12:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa

Originally Posted by ade106
She had to fly back to canada to do her fiance visa ,they told her it had to be done in canada because, the the new law and rule;s had just changed in May of 2008 when we had started this process.
then her marriage visa could of been done here but she had to be out in canada for a wedding in aug of last year,they couldn't get her in before she had to go so she did it out there instead.

Now we want to move to Canada we are both here in the UK still ,she has kids out there and family we can stay with them until we find a place,, my self and my wife are both working here in the UK.

NOW we need help, which visa forms would I need to fill out,so I can live there and work permanently.??

thank you, Ade
Welcome to BE Ade.

As this forum is purely for welcoming new members would you please repost your questions in the Canada Immigration Forum? If you click on this link it will direct you to our main Canada forum. At the top of the page you will see a list of the Canada forums...the first one being the Immigration Forum...please post your immigration questions there. We have a lively bunch of people posting in the Canada forums...I'm sure they'll be able to help you with any questions you may have.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will be pleased to help you find your way around.

For any other problems please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 19th 2010 at 12:59 am. Reason: inserting ?
Old Jul 19th 2010, 12:55 am
Just Joined

ade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really niceade106 is just really nice
Default VISA

I need help, which visa forms would I need to fill out,so I can live there and work permanently.??

thank you, Ade

Last edited by ade106; Jul 19th 2010 at 1:43 am.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 12:58 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE. As Jersey said, pose your question in the Canada forum and you'll get more replies.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:06 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VISA

Not entirely sure what you mean by " fiance visa" , as far as I know there is no such thing

This wiki link

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada

is your starting point for spousal sponsorship.

Read and then come back with specifc questions
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:07 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to British Expats.....

Originally Posted by ade106

thank you, Ade
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Not entirely sure what you mean by " fiance visa" , as far as I know there is no such thing

This wiki link

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada

is your starting point for spousal sponsorship.

Read and then come back with specifc questions
I think they mean Fiancée visa on UK terms because now you need this to allow you to marry in the UK.

OP if you plan to move to Canada then read the Wiki as a starting platform
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
I think they mean Fiancée visa on UK terms because now you need this to allow you to marry in the UK.

OP if you plan to move to Canada then read the Wiki as a starting platform
THANK YOU
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:33 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Canada used to have a fiancé/fiancée visa, but it was scrapped a few years back.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:20 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE. Since you need immigration information regarding emigrating to Canada, I've moved your post to the Canadian Immigration forum.

Good luck with your immigration.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:44 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Closing this thread as its a duplicate of another started in immigration.