Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Very Important CIC Notice (Sept 04)!

Very Important CIC Notice (Sept 04)!

Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:39 am
Just Joined

hejhej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Very Important CIC Notice (Sept 04)!

How many people are in the same boat as me? "Applied" in Aug 04, AOR Sept 04, delay letter in Feb 06, but have never had an "update" letter in May or June 06 as per the CIC website announcement.

Now I'm worried that the letter got lost in the post, and I've got 3 days to get updated police certificates!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Harvey

Originally Posted by nagajara
This was posted on the Canilink forum. Someone with a September 2004 AOR noticed it on the CIC website!!!

It doesn't affect me (December 04) , but lots of you guys appear to have heard nothing!

Important News

Skilled worker applicants who submitted their application in September 2004 were sent a letter in May and June 2006 advising them to update their file within 120 days. If you submitted your application in September 2004 and have not yet responded to our letter, you have until October 25, 2006 to submit your updated information. After October 25, 2006 we will begin assessing applications received in September 2004.

If the documentation on your file at the time of assessment does not support the points claimed or allow for an assessment of security or criminality, the officer will not be able to make a positive decision.

Hope this helps!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 2:14 pm
Ski Bum

SkiBum will become famous soon enoughSkiBum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hejhej
How many people are in the same boat as me? "Applied" in Aug 04, AOR Sept 04, delay letter in Feb 06, but have never had an "update" letter in May or June 06 as per the CIC website announcement.

Now I'm worried that the letter got lost in the post, and I've got 3 days to get updated police certificates!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Harvey
I'm in the same situation.

I wouldn't worry, as I have not seen any August applicants receive this letter.

I believe the intention was to ensure that by the time they hit the September and October 2004 applications they would be fully updated, but this new initiative to have files updated ahead of review (not a bad idea, after all), could not be implemented in a manner that would have given enough time to allow July and August 2004 applicants to update their files ahead of review.

This announcement suggests that, if they do review files in the order received, August applicants should have their files reviewed prior to October 25....
Old Oct 20th 2006, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

This announcement suggests that, if they do review files in the order received, August applicants should have their files reviewed prior to October 25....
Suggests, perhaps, but it actually says "_After_ October 25, 2006 we will begin assessing applications received in September 2004." Similarly the delay letter doesn't say your application will be reviewed in 120 days, but that it will be reviewed after 120 days from the letter.

That could just as well mean they won't begin reviewing them until 2010... and given that those of us who applied in October were told we only had 90 days to respond, I doubt very much they'll get through the whole of the September applicants in a week or so (unless they do just throw out any that aren't 100% totally conclusive without asking for more documents).

I think the safest conclusion is that we can't conclude anything from what they've told us... I'm going to kill a chicken and see what the entrails say .

Last edited by MarkG; Oct 20th 2006 at 2:24 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 2:51 pm
Ski Bum

I think the safest conclusion is that we can't conclude anything from what they've told us... I'm going to kill a chicken and see what the entrails say .[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right, we can only try to guess what it all means. I like the chicken thing, though. I'm going to have a go too.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SkiBum
I think the safest conclusion is that we can't conclude anything from what they've told us... I'm going to kill a chicken and see what the entrails say .
You're absolutely right, we can only try to guess what it all means. I like the chicken thing, though. I'm going to have a go too.[/QUOTE]

Cockadoodledoooooooo .......... squark ........ splat !!!!
Got no useful readings from the entrails, but my frustration has subsided !
Nik
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

raistlin will become famous soon enough

Just incase anybody's interested:
We're Oct 1st '04 AOR. We had not received any letter to update our information.
We were concerned about the message on the Immigration website, so I e-mailed CIC.

Wow, they replied - this is what they said:

"We have the "lock in" date of your application as received 24 August 2004. Please note that applications from August were not sent the letter noted in the quote you have provided below. Your application is due to be screened in approximately 6 - 8 weeks and any updated information required will be requested once your application has been reviewed by an officer.

I hope this e-mail has clarified your concerns"

Hopefully other August applicants with Oct AOR will get some reassurance.

Why they couldn't explain this on the website - I don't know
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

So if they're not planning to process your application for 6-8 weeks, why are they asking us for updated documents now? The whole thing seems crazy.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:15 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raistlin
We're Oct 1st '04 AOR. We had not received any letter to update our information.
We were concerned about the message on the Immigration website, so I e-mailed CIC.

"We have the "lock in" date of your application as received 24 August 2004. Please note that applications from August were not sent the letter noted in the quote you have provided below. Your application is due to be screened in approximately 6 - 8 weeks and any updated information required will be requested once your application has been reviewed by an officer.

Well, thats the first bit of good news I've heard in the last two years!!!!!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:36 am
Ski Bum

Originally Posted by raistlin

Thanks for that info, very useful. When did you receive it? ie when does the 6-8 weeks begin?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mayur Patel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RodseyUK
Note that this message is for London Visa Office applicants only.

To see the message follow this link

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/e_index.htm

Good of you to have spotted the message on their website for Sept 04 applicants.

I am just like others who have applied in July-Aug 04 as to when we might be hearing from CHC if they will be starting to review Sept 04 applications starting from 25th Oct 06 which is "tomorrow".

I had received the delay letter in Feb 06 (after 18mths wait) that they will be reviewing our application before Dec 06.

Not sure how they prioritise the processing of the applications from people based in the UK.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

raistlin will become famous soon enough

They e-mailed it to me on the 23rd (yesterday).

Amazing to see the phrase "6-8 weeks" after waiting for 2 years
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

nagajara is on a distinguished road

This is the latest from CIC London!!!

I keep hoping to see some info re: December AOR!! Not long now (I hope!).

Important News

Skilled worker applicants who submitted their application in October 2004 were sent a letter in August 2006 advising them to update their file within 90 days. If you submitted your application in October 2004 and have not yet responded to our letter, you have until November 14, 2006 to submit your updated information. After November, 2006 we will begin assessing applications received in October 2004. If the documentation on your file at the time of assessment does not support the points claimed or allow for an assessment of security or criminality, the officer will not be able to make a positive decision.

Skilled worker applicants who submitted their application in September 2004 were sent a letter in May and June 2006 advising them to update their file. Applications received in September 2004 will be assessed shortly. If the documentation on your file at the time of assessment does not support the points claimed or allow for an assessment of security or criminality, the officer will not be able to make a positive decision.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

WoooHooooo!
Not long now for us November 04 People!
:scared:
Bricking it noo! LOL
I think I'll need to have a wee to calm ma nereves!
LMAO!
Kenny