Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Very high FSW failure rate in London!

Old Aug 12th 2011, 9:05 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road
Default Very high FSW failure rate in London!

Below are the latest published figures for FSW visas up till March 31st 2011. London has more people failing than being approved, unlike virtually all the other VO's. Perhaps this is another reason why it's taking so long!

Applications Processed Abroad
- Pre June 2010 Permanent Residents -
Visa Offices Last 12 Months
April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011
Passed Refused Approval Rate Total Visas

All Points of Service* 113,325 41,797 73% 229,153
Africa & Middle East 18,352 7,478 71% 36,697
Abidjan/Dakar 1,128 92 92% 2,201
Abu Dhabi 920 158 85% 1,641
Accra - RPC 1,370 1,287 52% 2,814
Cairo 1,786 2,990 37% 3,963
Damascus - RPC 5,866 1,172 83% 12,566
Nairobi 3,041 969 76% 5,386
Pretoria 665 293 69% 1,390
Rabat 2,848 358 89% 4,806
Tel Aviv 728 159 82% 1,930
Beijing - RPC 4,034 844 83% 7,375
Colombo 1,556 569 73% 3,020
Hong Kong 6,431 1,824 78% 16,157
Islamabad 2,058 697 75% 3,672
Kuala Lumpur 250 60 81% 622
Manila 10,902 2,014 84% 24,884
New Delhi 11,298 3,635 76% 22,161
Seoul 1,208 333 78% 3,429
Singapore 3,106 1,486 68% 6,789
Australia 834 216 79% 1,437
Taipei 625 56 92% 1,629
Tokyo 492 73 87% 801
Ankara 1,095 271 80% 2,269
Berlin 1,147 305 79% 2,677
Bucharest 1,551 146 91% 3,242
Kiev 1,096 344 76% 2,338
London - RPC 6,050 6,551 48% 16,624
Moscow 1,234 225 85% 2,544
Paris-RPC 7,026 655 91% 12,851
Rome 547 254 68% 990
Vienna - RPC 714 217 77% 1,149
Warsaw 957 1,013 49% 2,453
Buffalo - RPC 19,493 2,980 87% 35,180
Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice
Default Re: Very high FSW failure rate in London!

If you can, look at the figures from the year before, I suspect that as the files from Islamabad were moved due to the high instances of immigration fraud, combined with the fact London appear to have processed about 3 people from the uk in the last year, results in the figures you are seeing.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mac2
Perhaps this is another reason why it's taking so long!
Or perhaps it's because apps from London VO need to be checked more due to the shite education this country has imposed on itself in the last 2 decades!!! Official figures released recently suggest 1 in 3 children now leave school, age 16, without reaching the required standard for reading, writing and arithmatic!!!

1 of the reasons I'm taking my kids and leaving
Vic
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheKellys5
Or perhaps it's because apps from London VO need to be checked more due to the shite education this country has imposed on itself in the last 2 decades!!! Official figures released recently suggest 1 in 3 children now leave school, age 16, without reaching the required standard for reading, writing and arithmatic!!!

Vic
Nothing to do with the parents that can't be bothered then? And of course, the same thing doesn't happen in Canada.

Next time my daughter is in her class of 14, being taught Spanish at age 6, or reading Enid Blyton books fluently to me, I'll remind myself that all UK education is 'shite'.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nothing to do with the parents that can't be bothered then? And of course, the same thing doesn't happen in Canada.

Next time my daughter is in her class of 14, being taught Spanish at age 6, or reading Enid Blyton books fluently to me, I'll remind myself that all UK education is 'shite'.
Assuming from your tone you are still in the UK, in which case I would not tell people whereabouts as you will likely get an influx of residents lol
Our kids go to a reasonably good school, but the class sizes are on average 30 kids, and the majority of teachers are not consistent with the curriculum. My wife also worked in a local hgh school until last maternity leave, and most of the kids there can't read and write properly unless there's a GCSE in TXT

Not saying it doesn't happen everywhere else in the world, but all in I think the UK is on it's knees and although I like the thought of getting a spot for my eldest in Cambridge or Oxford for 9k a year - it wouldn't be quite the same if it turned out to be Leeds or Leicester!!
/rant off :Thumbs:
Vic
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming from your tone you are still in the UK, in which case I would not tell people whereabouts as you will likely get an influx of residents lol
I'm back (rather than 'still') in Berkshire - class sizes in Vancouver were double what they are here, so it was your sweeping generalisation of all UK education being 'shite' that I disagreed with!

all in I think the UK is on it's knees
Think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 12:19 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it would improve if London was only processing UK applications. Sadly, it appears that London takes the brunt of fixing problems from elsewhere in the world and, it seems, much to the detriment of UK applicants.

On the bright side, if London is failing so many potentially fraudulent applicants from other countries it might bode in favour of UK applicants in general, as London will need to approve a few applicants from time to time

It's a shame it's not a level playing field with equal opportunity for all applicants.
You've got far greater chance of being accepted and processed quickly as a Filipino through Manilla (84% approval rate) than a Brit through London (48% approval rate).

Better still, move to Abidjan/Dakar and look forward to 92% approval rate.
Maybe they have a slick education system as they appear to be producing exactly the skilled workers that Canada is in need of.

Last edited by james.mc; Aug 14th 2011 at 12:26 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 12:29 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

and mine gets sent to Buffalo - the one with the higest number of apps to process full stop

Lets hope that they have the biggest offices with the most amount of employees of all CIC centres!

(and if anyone from the Buffalo office should happen to be reading this - you are all lovely and awesome and the surname is pronounced Dukes - not Ducks thanks )
Old Aug 14th 2011, 12:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
and mine gets sent to Buffalo - the one with the higest number of apps to process full stop

Lets hope that they have the biggest offices with the most amount of employees of all CIC centres!

(and if anyone from the Buffalo office should happen to be reading this - you are all lovely and awesome and the surname is pronounced Dukes - not Ducks thanks )
Then spell it right
Old Aug 14th 2011, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
(and if anyone from the Buffalo office should happen to be reading this - you are all lovely and awesome
lol
Old Aug 14th 2011, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Originally Posted by james.mc

I'm sure it would improve if London was only processing UK applications. Sadly, it appears that London takes the brunt of fixing problems from elsewhere in the world and, it seems, much to the detriment of UK applicants.

On the bright side, if London is failing so many potentially fraudulent applicants from other countries it might bode in favour of UK applicants in general, as London will need to approve a few applicants from time to time

It's a shame it's not a level playing field with equal opportunity for all applicants.
You've got far greater chance of being accepted and processed quickly as a Filipino through Manilla (84% approval rate) than a Brit through London (48% approval rate).

Better still, move to Abidjan/Dakar and look forward to 92% approval rate.
Maybe they have a slick education system as they appear to be producing exactly the skilled workers that Canada is in need of.
Thank you, cheered me up this gloomy Monday morning, its always to read a fellow cynics post!
Old Aug 14th 2011, 11:58 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Thank you, cheered me up this gloomy Monday morning, its always to read a fellow cynics post!
...and I'm glad you read it the way it was intended
Old Aug 15th 2011, 1:42 am
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sdo1982
I agree with all your comments, but didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest with my post. Purely informational to make everyone aware!
If the high rejection rate is due to a large proportion of fraud; I am surprised London hasn't initiated some form of application pre-check to pull out the suspicious ones. Or at least some new process so everyone is not affected by this high level of misapplication that seems to be going on. Or are they not allowed to use their local knowledge and are stuck with following CIC's processing steps by the letter regardless??
Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:25 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Or perhaps it's because apps from London VO need to be checked more due to the shite education this country has imposed on itself in the last 2 decades!!!
Exactly. I see a considerable no. of UK based applicants coming on here wanting to apply under FSW who cant even figure out what NOC best describes their skill set. Let alone completing their application packs properly before sending off to CHC. Of course, such kind of people clog up the system and put strain on the resources CHC have to process new applications.

Immigration fraud is everywhere and true it is very high in some Asian countries (India currently being at the top in this field) but that doesnt mean that every application made by aspiring british person is perfect and gets through more easily than those made by others.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

gillan85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Vic

"arithmatic" or did you mean arithmetic ! I meant that in the best possible way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.