Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

verbally abused by our migration agent

verbally abused by our migration agent

Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:51 am
Just Joined

hellola is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face verbally abused by our migration agent

After 2 and half years of waiting we finally received a letter from the Canadian embassy to attend an interview for our skilled workers visa. The letter did not mention about bringing any updated records etc.. so we were worried why we were called up. My OH contacted our agent and was told we were unlucky to be randomly picked and that she will coach us what to say in these interviews. Needless to say we were both excited and anxious at the same time.

However, during our meeting she insisted that if the officer should ask whether the application was made via an agent we should just tell them we downloaded the application form from the CIC website ourselves and should other questions that my husband could not answer to just say that it was so long ago and he can't remember
We couldn't fully understand the situation at the time as we were so stressed about the interview and we just hoped that these questions will not be asked.

Luckily the interview went smoothly and the interviewer never questioned our application. In the end we were given a letter for medicals and our police checks for the countries we have previously lived.

Yesterday we again met up with our agent to discuss what is needed to get our police checks done. This meeting turned very nasty when we questioned why she asked us to lie which could cause us to jeopardise getting our visas.
In the end she victimised us by verbally abusing us and started banging the table to intimidate us all the while cursing and shouting loudly and chased us out of her office.
My husband and I are shocked and disgusted to be treated in this unprofessional manner that after paying her hefty agent's fee she could treat us in this way. She has washed her hands off our case and will not assist us in completing the final part of the migration process i.e. the police check formalities.:curse:

We feel that we should bring her company to some sort of scrutiny as I'm sure she has done this to many other clients and got away with it because no interviews were called for. She admitted that we were unlucky to be called for an interview, hence she was very concerned that the embassy will find out that she did not disclose the imm. 5476 together with our application

On the other hand we can't do anything until our visas are safely stamped on our passport. We have waited so long for our visas and don't want anything to happen at the last hurdle.

Meanwhile we would welcome any feedback on the cause of action we should take to deal with this agent. Her company is license/based in Singapore with an office in Kuala Lumpur. Their website have been amended to now only dealing with migration to Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.

Thanks for listening.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: verbally abused by our migration agent

The first thing I would do is take any authority this person/agency has out of their hands. AKA contact hte CHC and revoke any permissions they have to represent you.

Then I'd deal with them themselves.

and i'm sorry to hear that.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Caitilin
The first thing I would do is take any authority this person/agency has out of their hands. AKA contact hte CHC and revoke any permissions they have to represent you.

Then I'd deal with them themselves.

and i'm sorry to hear that.
If the consult did not send off the form with the PR package to say she was representing these people then she will have no authority with CHC with regards to their case anyway. Im thinking thats right but im sure an expert will come along and be able to inform them better.

The other poster states that 'they' received a notice for an interview so im assuming that all info is going to the PR applicants direct anyway. which means there should be no hassle to them with regard to getting PR status if they oust this company to warn others
Old Nov 15th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hellola

My husband and I are shocked and disgusted to be treated in this unprofessional manner that after paying her hefty agent's fee she could treat us in this way. She has washed her hands off our case and will not assist us in completing the final part of the migration process i.e. the police check formalities.:curse:

We feel that we should bring her company to some sort of scrutiny as I'm sure she has done this to many other clients and got away with it because no interviews were called for. She admitted that we were unlucky to be called for an interview, hence she was very concerned that the embassy will find out that she did not disclose the imm. 5476 together with our application
Im not sure why you are worried about getting help getting your police clearances. YOu fill in a form and send it off to the relevant police be it in uk, Germany etc they send you a certificate, you send that to CHC. It is an easy thing to do.

Not quite sure what this agents motives are for not declaring herself your agent?? im sure someone will come along in a while and enlighten me
Unless she has been a problem for them before??? as she sure sounds volatile
Old Nov 16th 2008, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

hellola is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both for replying to my post. From this forum I know how many people out there are like my OH and myself are waiting anxiously for visas and the emotional roller coasters we're all on. At times like this we can really do with some moral support and at the same time warn other innocent people like us just starting their visa process to be very careful in choosing a legitimate agent.

Our AOR letter was sent directly to our home address back in July 2006 and at the time we had no idea all communications should be via our agent. We didn't hear anything else for over 2 years until a month ago when we received a request for an interview.

We are now scrambling to get our police checks done for the UK, Australia and Malaysia ourselves and medicals done within 60 days.

My concern is can this 'nasty' woman do anything to jeopardise our visas now we have come to this stage. I can't relax until I see my visa safely in my passport. What's supposed to be a very happy day in our live turned very disgustingly ugly.

Thanks again for any feedback.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Thank you both for replying to my post. From this forum I know how many people out there are like my OH and myself are waiting anxiously for visas and the emotional roller coasters we're all on. At times like this we can really do with some moral support and at the same time warn other innocent people like us just starting their visa process to be very careful in choosing a legitimate agent.

Our AOR letter was sent directly to our home address back in July 2006 and at the time we had no idea all communications should be via our agent. We didn't hear anything else for over 2 years until a month ago when we received a request for an interview.

We are now scrambling to get our police checks done for the UK, Australia and Malaysia ourselves and medicals done within 60 days.

My concern is can this 'nasty' woman do anything to jeopardise our visas now we have come to this stage. I can't relax until I see my visa safely in my passport. What's supposed to be a very happy day in our live turned very disgustingly ugly.

Thanks again for any feedback.
It seems that the agent is more afraid of you telling on her to the CHC then you should be of her. I dont think she is going to do anything to mess you up as that would jeopardise her as well.

I think, you should just focus on getting your documents and sending it through.

I hear you about the stress (same here). Big hug and karma to you all.

Ray
Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:55 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

After 2 and half years of waiting we finally received a letter from the Canadian embassy to attend an interview for our skilled workers visa. The letter did not mention about bringing any updated records etc.. so we were worried why we were called up. My OH contacted our agent and was told we were unlucky to be randomly picked and that she will coach us what to say in these interviews. Needless to say we were both excited and anxious at the same time.

However, during our meeting she insisted that if the officer should ask whether the application was made via an agent we should just tell them we downloaded the application form from the CIC website ourselves and should other questions that my husband could not answer to just say that it was so long ago and he can't remember
We couldn't fully understand the situation at the time as we were so stressed about the interview and we just hoped that these questions will not be asked.

Luckily the interview went smoothly and the interviewer never questioned our application. In the end we were given a letter for medicals and our police checks for the countries we have previously lived.

Yesterday we again met up with our agent to discuss what is needed to get our police checks done. This meeting turned very nasty when we questioned why she asked us to lie which could cause us to jeopardise getting our visas.
In the end she victimised us by verbally abusing us and started banging the table to intimidate us all the while cursing and shouting loudly and chased us out of her office.

On the other hand we can't do anything until our visas are safely stamped on our passport. We have waited so long for our visas and don't want anything to happen at the last hurdle.

Meanwhile we would welcome any feedback on the cause of action we should take to deal with this agent. Her company is license/based in Singapore with an office in Kuala Lumpur. Their website have been amended to now only dealing with migration to Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.

Thanks for listening.
That is an absolute disgrace! You didnt say but I assume the agent is not a CSIC Member but one of the so-called "Ghost Consultants". In other words they are not legally allowed to practice Canadian immigration consultancy and that why they dont want you to reveal them on the Use of Representitive form.

My suggestion is that you name them on this forum so other people do not make the mistake of going to this firm.

And I advise everyone not to use an immigration consultant that is not CSIC registered or members of a Canadian law society. Although there has been some debate about this recently (see the Andrew Miller thread) the bottom line is that if the consultant is unregulated you have no guarentee that they are qualified to advise you, no safegard that they carry errors and omissions insurance, no ability to complain to the CSIC, and no access to the CSIC client-compensation fund for wronged clients.

See the Wiki for info on the use of Immigration Consultants... http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Immigr...g_a_consultant