Venezuelan Police Clearance

Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Venezuelan Police Clearance

Venezuelan citizens are asked not to get / send their criminal record or police clearance. The Canadian consulate (in my case Buffalo Post) obtains it for us. Does anyone know how long it takes for Venezuelan Police Clearance to be sent to Buffalo Post?. Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:10 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Venezuelan Police Clearance

Originally posted by tsananez
Venezuelan citizens are asked not to get / send their criminal record or police clearance. The Canadian consulate (in my case Buffalo Post) obtains it for us. Does anyone know how long it takes for Venezuelan Police Clearance to be sent to Buffalo Post?. Thanks
How did obtain this information? Did you contact the Buffalo Consulate and asked?
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

I know this information because this is what it says in the application package. What I would like to know is how long it takes from the moment the Canadian consulate request my criminal records to Venezuela, to the moment the Canadian consulate actually receives the report from Venezuelan "police".

Originally posted by MJ23
How did obtain this information? Did you contact the Buffalo Consulate and asked?
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

Tsananez

You know it is kind of hard to find police reports in Vzla. So What I did, I asked for a good conduct letter (which is easier). That was what my friends where asked in Venezuela. I will send it anyways. They will probably check records with police, but I don't know how long it takes

MadHatters

I know this information because this is what it says in the application package. What I would like to know is how long it takes from the moment the Canadian consulate request my criminal records to Venezuela, to the moment the Canadian consulate actually receives the report from Venezuelan "police".
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

MadHatters,
Good to see that there is one Venezuelan over here. I am surprise that there are not more...well you know what I mean "Chavez effect"...
When I originally applied in April 03 the person who was helping me, and who has quite large experience in this matters, told me that the "letter of conduct" is not what the Canadian consulate asks for, so I did not submitted it even though I had it with me.
My friends who have already gotten their PR through Buffalo did not send that letter either. I guess it is not of any harm to send that letter but I don't think it is what is used as police clearance document.
Anyways I just wonder if there is someone here who happens to know that information.

PS: Have you already applied??

Originally posted by MadHatters
Tsananez

You know it is kind of hard to find police reports in Vzla. So What I did, I asked for a good conduct letter (which is easier). That was what my friends where asked in Venezuela. I will send it anyways. They will probably check records with police, but I don't know how long it takes

MadHatters
Old Jul 15th 2004, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

tsananez, very few venezuelans are here, i think this forum is not well known......
Well, in that case I don't know what to do. I am about to apply (still gathering the docs.) and I need to translate that letter I told you. So, considering what you are saying, I could save some money. There is another guy "talu76" or something like that from vzla. too. But he never replied me. He may know something about it. However, I was reading some post here last night and I read that canadian consulate check this with venezuela police. But unfortunately I don;t know how long it takes.

Please, whenever you figure this out, let me know

suerte
MadHatters

MadHatters,
Good to see that there is one Venezuelan over here. I am surprise that there are not more...well you know what I mean "Chavez effect"...
When I originally applied in April 03 the person who was helping me, and who has quite large experience in this matters, told me that the "letter of conduct" is not what the Canadian consulate asks for, so I did not submitted it even though I had it with me.
My friends who have already gotten their PR through Buffalo did not send that letter either. I guess it is not of any harm to send that letter but I don't think it is what is used as police clearance document.
Anyways I just wonder if there is someone here who happens to know that information.

PS: Have you already applied??