Vegreville Processing Times

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice
Default Vegreville Processing Times

Hi everyone,

I know this board can be a little bit 'Groundhog Day' sometimes (appropriate topical reference from someone who was in Wiarton today!) but I couldn't find this information easily in a search.

What is the current processing time for a work permit application at Vegreville? My current work permit expires 7th March. I know I can remain and not work if the paperwork is in, but I hear a lot about going to the border to pick up a work permit. I don't understand this option; what paperwork would you require for this? Given how long I have, is a submission to Vegreville the best option?

And final question, proof of funds. I've read a lot of conflicting information about this. What proof of funds do you have to provide, if any? Is it correct that if you have the guaranteed job offer, and the guaranteed wage/hours that you do not require additional financial proof? If not, what amount of available funds is required??

Appreciate all the help.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:36 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vegreville Processing Times

You should apply now for an extension if you are to work at the same company. If you apply before the old one expires you could remain working until you receive the new one.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:37 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You do not have to go to the border to use your new WP if you are extending an old one.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ojmurphy
Hi everyone,

I know this board can be a little bit 'Groundhog Day' sometimes (appropriate topical reference from someone who was in Wiarton today!) but I couldn't find this information easily in a search.

What is the current processing time for a work permit application at Vegreville? My current work permit expires 7th March. I know I can remain and not work if the paperwork is in, but I hear a lot about going to the border to pick up a work permit. I don't understand this option; what paperwork would you require for this? Given how long I have, is a submission to Vegreville the best option?

And final question, proof of funds. I've read a lot of conflicting information about this. What proof of funds do you have to provide, if any? Is it correct that if you have the guaranteed job offer, and the guaranteed wage/hours that you do not require additional financial proof? If not, what amount of available funds is required??

Appreciate all the help.

Processing times are 55 days. Go to "About the Department", then select Processing Times and then select Applications processed in Canada.

HTH

Paulo
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice

Jim, Paulo...

Thank you very much. Is there any need to provide proof of funds in my situation?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:15 pm

There is a guide on the CIC website that will explain what documentation is needed.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ojmurphy
Jim, Paulo...

Thank you very much. Is there any need to provide proof of funds in my situation?
Hi

I usually send a copy of my savings account balance just in case. And I always write that I am "supported by self" in the form. Best way to solve your doubt would be to call CIC call centre.

Regarding values, if proof is needed, I assume it would be similar to the amount required for other types of applications. But I am not an expert, so take this with a grain of salt.

HTH

Paulo
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Vegreville took 21 weeks to process my LMO application

Pete
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 5:38 pm

We have to distinguish between LMo and PNP cases. PNP receive top priority. Time of year will also make a difference.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
We have to distinguish between LMo and PNP cases. PNP receive top priority. Time of year will also make a difference.
And cases where no LMO is required: jobs that are LMO exempt and if one is going to work at the same position, what requires only a permit renewal.

Cheers

Paulo
Old Feb 4th 2007, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nuin
And cases where no LMO is required: jobs that are LMO exempt and if one is going to work at the same position, what requires only a permit renewal.

Cheers

Paulo
Hi paulo

Sorry don't know if I am getting confused. Are you saying that if you have a LMO and work permit....and you carry on working for the same employer, then you just need to extend your work permit...you don't need to go through the whole LMO process again??

It's just that I am getting conflicting advice from people. Both immigration at the border where I collected my permit and my immigration lawyer have said that the company will need to apply for a new LMO....but other people have said that I just need to apply for an extension to my work permit as i will be with the same employer and that nothing would have changed.

Thanks

Pete
Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:02 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by pete66
Hi paulo

Sorry don't know if I am getting confused. Are you saying that if you have a LMO and work permit....and you carry on working for the same employer, then you just need to extend your work permit...you don't need to go through the whole LMO process again??

It's just that I am getting conflicting advice from people. Both immigration at the border where I collected my permit and my immigration lawyer have said that the company will need to apply for a new LMO....but other people have said that I just need to apply for an extension to my work permit as i will be with the same employer and that nothing would have changed.

Thanks

Pete
New LMO, note the validity date of the LMO. and your work permit.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pete66
Hi paulo

Thanks

Pete
Hi Pete

In the thread you started regarding your application at the border, Mr Miller replied and mentioned thet you not need a new LMO. I am no expert, but I trust Mr Miller expertise on immigration issues.

HTH

Paulo
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nuin
Hi Pete

In the thread you started regarding your application at the border, Mr Miller replied and mentioned thet you not need a new LMO. I am no expert, but I trust Mr Miller expertise on immigration issues.

HTH

Paulo
Hi paulo

Yeah I know....but I am confused as immgration and my lawyer say yes....as do a couple of other people I know here on WP.....but Mr Miller says no...so I really don't know. I am hoping that putting in my PR application will make things a bit easier if I do have to apply for a new LMO.

thanks

Pete