validated job offer

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

delbert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default validated job offer

Hello,
I have a job offer which has been validated for immigration purposes.
Has anyone applied for immigration having a validated job offer.I have been informed that this can be quicker but I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced this.I have thought about going to Canada before application is complete on a work visa but there is a element of risk if the application fails.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:41 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: validated job offer

First pls clarify what you have - is it (1) a job offer with Arranged Employment Opinion or (2) a job offer with Labour Market Opinion?

If (1) then you will get extra points for Arranged Employment and few visa posts claim to give slightly higher priority to applications with such. But not most of visa posts and difference is processing time may not be substantial, except New Delhi where it can make 1 to 2+ years difference.

But you can't get work permit with the above approval.

If (2) then you won't get points unless you get work permit first and start working in Canada and continue until PR is approved.

Originally Posted by delbert
Hello,
I have a job offer which has been validated for immigration purposes.
Has anyone applied for immigration having a validated job offer.I have been informed that this can be quicker but I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced this.I have thought about going to Canada before application is complete on a work visa but there is a element of risk if the application fails.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

delbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
First pls clarify what you have - is it (1) a job offer with Arranged Employment Opinion or (2) a job offer with Labour Market Opinion?

If (1) then you will get extra points for Arranged Employment and few visa posts claim to give slightly higher priority to applications with such. But not most of visa posts and difference is processing time may not be substantial, except New Delhi where it can make 1 to 2+ years difference.

But you can't get work permit with the above approval.

If (2) then you won't get points unless you get work permit first and start working in Canada and continue until PR is approved.
I have a job offer with Labour Market Opinion.Looking at CIC site it apears to say that I can apply for a work permit in London(I am English) then submit application for permanent residence gaining extra points.Am I correct in thinking this.

Thanks.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:38 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

In this case you must first get a work permit and start working in Canada.

In order to claim Arranged Employment points - (1) you must be working in Canada at the time of PR application, (2) work permit must be valid at time of application and at the time visa is issued and (3) employer must also offer to employ you on indeterminate basis once PR status is obtained.

Originally Posted by delbert
I have a job offer with Labour Market Opinion.Looking at CIC site it apears to say that I can apply for a work permit in London(I am English) then submit application for permanent residence gaining extra points.Am I correct in thinking this.

Thanks.