Using a immigration agency

Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

vin60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Using a immigration agency

Hi
Got a email about a job vacancy when i applied received a phone call from a recruiter saying the vacancies had been filled but they could get me a job and do all the paper work and everything else for a large amount of cash.
I think possibly there might not have been any vacancies but just to get
interested replies. The firm was goldman global recruiters does anyone know of any dealings with them as i dont mind paying but abit apprehensive as to the outcome.
Many thanks

Vin
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using a immigration agency

Originally Posted by vin60
Hi
Got a email about a job vacancy when i applied received a phone call from a recruiter saying the vacancies had been filled but they could get me a job and do all the paper work and everything else for a large amount of cash.
interested replies. The firm was goldman global recruiters does anyone know of any dealings with them as i dont mind paying but abit apprehensive as to the outcome.
Many thanks

Vin
It's illegal in most parts of Canada for any recruiter to charge a potential employee anything - they are only allowed to charge the employer. So steer well clear!!

This Wiki article may help..............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Employ...27_Fees-Canada

Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:01 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Many thanks

Vin
It sounds like very suspicious to me. As Christmasoompa says its illegal to for someone to charge you for a job (they can charge the employer if they place you though). The bit especilly about them advertising a vacancy and then telling you it had been filled but...

My advice:

If you appoint someone to do immigration paperwork for you make sure they are either a CSIC member (you can ceck if they are here: http://www.csic-scci.ca/find/ or a member of a Canadian law society.

If you appoint someone to do the immigration work they should only be charging you for that, not for getting you a job. Its fine for them to refer you to a bona fide recruiter who would find you a job but not charge you anything (they would get a fee from the employer).

If they insist they have a job for you dont pay them anything until you have a written job offer. Then if you want them to handle your immigration paperwork (and they are approved and qualified to do so) you could pay them for that part.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:06 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Many thanks

Vin
I googled them and here is one link I found - not very promising but note the poster is not certain it was this firm she used http://www.sacanada.org/index.php?showtopic=12342
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks for replies,
this is part of the info i was sent regarding srevices they offer.
they would help with paperwork in respect of a........Government approval of a job offer made to you. You will provide us with a deposit of C$3000 to retain our services and another C$3000 before the application is submitted to the authorities
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:17 pm
Immigration Consultant

Hi thanks for replies,
they would help with paperwork in respect of a........Government approval of a job offer made to you. You will provide us with a deposit of C$3000 to retain our services and another C$3000 before the application is submitted to the authorities
That sounds ridiculous - to go to Canada with a job offer on a work permit there are two forms involved - an application for an LMO (5 pages) and an application for a Work permit (2 pages) and they want $6,000? Unless they are saying they will prepare an application for permanenet residency for you?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

I was quoted exactly the same fees by this agency.

I recently received my 90 day letter and as I'm hopeful that I'll get my PR visa soon I had hoped that they might be able to help me find employment in anticipation of going out to Canada (I'd rather have a job waiting for me than not). My thoughts were, if they find me a job before the PR visa comes through, then getting a TWP, even if I technically only needed it for a couple of months, might make the fees worthwhile. A bird in the hand, and all that.

But when I asked them what if I paid their fees and they didn't find a job before I got PR (at which point I wouldn't need govenrment approval or any additional paperwork by them) they told me that a portion (exact amount unspecified) would be refunded which did scare me off.

Last edited by KS2008; Nov 20th 2008 at 5:37 am.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,
Many thanks to all the replies from everyone i think i'll save my money and do it on my own
thanks to all

Vin
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Maria10 is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine migrated to Canada on a work permit a year ago through *****, they found a job for her husband, filed all papers, etc and charged them around the same price. So is it illegal for ***** to advertise jobs, place people and file work permits for them?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

I am not sure why the name of the company does not show up when I write but appears "***" instead.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maria10
I am not sure why the name of the company does not show up when I write but appears "***" instead.
It appears as stars because the forum automatically blanks it out - meaning that they are a less than reputable company that have been discussed on here before in a negative way! And yes, if they charged for finding a job then it was probably illegal. Read the link I gave in the second post on this thread for more info.

Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:40 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for replies,
RUN AWAY,RUN AWAY.

Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Wow, should I warn my friend? I did in the past but she said they're legal. The US embassy took a while to give them the work permit but they eventually did and they're going to file now for PR. Will they be able to get it or all this is a scam??!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maria10
Wow, should I warn my friend? I did in the past but she said they're legal. The US embassy took a while to give them the work permit but they eventually did and they're going to file now for PR. Will they be able to get it or all this is a scam??!
Some are scams, at best its terrible value for money.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

GA-Helen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my name is Helen. I am the Marketing Director with Goldman Associates. We have been recently made aware of some negative allegations on the employment services provided by Goldman Global Recruiters, on this website. These allegations were made based on a lot of fasle information. Therefore, we would like to clarify the confusions and thus clean up our reputation.

Mr. Goldman is a fully trained Canadian Immigration lawyer (Barrister and Solicitor) with 16 years of experience handling exclusively Canadian Immigration Law cases. He is a member of the immigration section of the Canadian Bar Association and a member of the Law Society of British Columbia (this organization regulates lawyers). He represents people who wish to work or immigrate to all parts of Canada. Mr. Goldman is the owner and manager of Goldman Associates, a Canadian immigration law firm.

Goldman Global Recruiters is owned and managed by Ian Goldman. However, Mr. Goldman is not operating Goldman Global Recruiters in his capacity as a lawyer. Goldman Global Recruiters provides employment services to help people find work in Canada for the purpose of getting a work permit or for the purpose of helping people gain employment after they get permanent residence status.

Goldman Global Recruiters arranges interviews between clients and potential Canadian employers. There is no fee for this service. However, we do charge a fee for handling the job confirmation and visa applications.

Our past clients are our best references. Over the years we have accumulated many clients who are now happy new immigrants to Canada. We would be pleased to put you in contact with them if you want an independent assessment of our services.

Please visit our website at www.immigrationtocanada.org for more information or email us for further clarifications.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.