/usa police checks

Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light
Default /usa police checks

Anyone know where you have to apply for a criminal record check from the States? We lived in New York City for just over six months before we came up here, and although I know we have to have an FBI and NY state check I've no idea where to look.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: /usa police checks

Hi

Originally Posted by nooka
Anyone know where you have to apply for a criminal record check from the States? We lived in New York City for just over six months before we came up here, and although I know we have to have an FBI and NY state check I've no idea where to look.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ted-states.asp
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you. I must admit I didn't think to look in the CIC website

Glad I asked though - 16-18 weeks is an incredibly long time, even the old CRB checks only took 6 weeks! I'd better get that going today. Am I right in thinking that the police certificate can go after the rest of the application? 18 weeks would put us over the 120 days.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:13 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by nooka
Thank you. I must admit I didn't think to look in the CIC website

Glad I asked though - 16-18 weeks is an incredibly long time, even the old CRB checks only took 6 weeks! I'd better get that going today. Am I right in thinking that the police certificate can go after the rest of the application? 18 weeks would put us over the 120 days.
It actually only takes 3/4 weeks and if you are applying under FSW1/2/3 then everything must go with the package.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I saw when looking through the links that the Feds say 3-4 weeks. I wonder why the CIC think it might take so much longer. Maybe the State departments are very slow (they don't say how long they will take).

Anyway, I've sent off for the NY package and I shall get down to the police station for the fingerprints.

I'm doing the PNP FSW route, so just aware of the 120 days. Not that I've heard back from BC yet, but I wanted to get this bit underway.

Thanks again.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 7:22 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The times are variable depending mostly on whether there has been a change of governing party federally. That brings a host of checks that outrank most others in priority.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interesting. Oh well I guess we'll just wait and see and hope that it won't take too long.