%Name%

Default US visa info !!!!

Hello Mr Miller,

Please clarify my doubt. My Canadian immigration interview will be scheduled in
Detroit consulate probably early next year. Currently, Iam on a student
authorization doing my Masters in University of Waterloo, Canada. I will
definitely require a US visa to get to detroit to attend the interview at some
point of time. I have been hearing talks that it might be difficult to get a US
visa whilst being on a temperory status ( student with visitor status in my case)
if applied at the US consulate in toronto. I only need a visa just to attend the
interview at Detroit. It is said that more chances are likely if a person applies
from his home country for a US visa. Is this really true and should I have to go
back to India to apply for the US visa? What are the chances of me getting a US
visa in this regard?

Kindly advise,

Thanks venk

Old Sep 6th 2002, 8:54 pm
Stuart Brook

Default Re: US visa info !!!!

"%NAME%" wrote:
    > Hello Mr Miller,
    > Please clarify my doubt. My Canadian immigration interview will be scheduled in
    > Detroit consulate probably early next year. Currently, Iam on a student
    > authorization doing my Masters in University of Waterloo, Canada. I will
    > definitely require a US visa to get to detroit to attend the interview at some
    > point of time. I have been hearing talks that it might be difficult to get a US
    > visa whilst being on a temperory status ( student with visitor status in my
    > case) if applied at the US consulate in toronto. I only need a visa just to
    > attend the interview at Detroit. It is said that more chances are likely if a
    > person applies from his home country for a US visa. Is this really true and
    > should I have to go back to India to apply for the US visa? What are the chances
    > of me getting a US visa in this regard?
    > Kindly advise,
    > Thanks venk

There has been reluctance to issue visas for 3rd country nationals, but since you
have status in Canada other than as a visitor, you may be fortunate. Try contacting
your nearest US embassy.

Old Sep 6th 2002, 9:20 pm
Iddugami

Default Re: US visa info !!!!

Just wondering what category VISA that would be. Purpose of your visit is not
pleasure, visiting family, friends nor any business.

Under what category do you want apply for this VISA.

Do you know anybody who have stated that their purpose of visit to USA is to visit a
consulate and obtained a VISA successfully

"Stuart Brook" <[email protected] > wrote in message [u-
rl="news:[email protected] anada.ca"]news:3D79167B.F0039A8C@n-
ot.here.for.spam.att.canada.ca[/url]...
    > "%NAME%" wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello Mr Miller,
    > >
    > > Please clarify my doubt. My Canadian immigration interview will be scheduled
    > > in Detroit consulate probably early next year. Currently, Iam on a student
    > > authorization doing my Masters in University of Waterloo, Canada. I will
    > > definitely require a US visa to get to detroit to attend the interview at some
    > > point of time. I have been hearing talks that it might be difficult to get a
    > > US visa whilst being on a temperory status ( student with visitor status in my
    > > case) if applied at the US consulate in toronto. I only need a visa just to
    > > attend the interview at Detroit. It is said that more chances are likely if a
    > > person applies from his home country for a US visa. Is this really true and
    > > should I have to go back to India to apply for the US visa? What are the
    > > chances of me getting a US visa in this regard?
    > >
    > > Kindly advise,
    > >
    > > Thanks venk
    > There has been reluctance to issue visas for 3rd country nationals, but since you
    > have status in Canada other than as a visitor, you may be fortunate. Try
    > contacting your nearest US embassy.