US Special Registration

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:01 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default US Special Registration

I know that US Special Registration was modified a year ago so that aliens of certain countries don't have to go every year and register with the Home Land Security (formerly the INS). My question is, is there anything special I need to do before traveling outside the US? Do I need to notify anyone? Anyone with recent experience? Specially those who landed recently and they are from one of the Special Registration contries.

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 11:51 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: US Special Registration

First, What's your status in the states?

Originally Posted by MJ23
I know that US Special Registration was modified a year ago so that aliens of certain countries don't have to go every year and register with the Home Land Security (formerly the INS). My question is, is there anything special I need to do before traveling outside the US? Do I need to notify anyone? Anyone with recent experience? Specially those who landed recently and they are from one of the Special Registration contries.

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:01 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by ABW
First, What's your status in the states?
H1B Status without a visa stamp. I'm going for my first H1B visa stamp.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

zico is an unknown quantity at this point

May I know where u r from coz i have been waiting since april 15 2002.
my medical was done in december 2003 and still waiting...they r <profanity deleted> to say the least...

QUOTE=MJ23]H1B Status without a visa stamp. I'm going for my first H1B visa stamp.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Rete; Mar 24th 2005 at 2:27 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:56 pm
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by zico
May I know where u r from coz i have been waiting since april 15 2002.
my medical was done in december 2003 and still waiting...they r <profanity deleted> to say the least...

QUOTE=MJ23]H1B Status without a visa stamp. I'm going for my first H1B visa stamp.
[/QUOTE]

Come on man, there is no need for this kind of language here. I'm from the middle east. I did some research last night. My conclusion is that I have to notify the US immigration officer that Special Immigration applys to me, so he can fingerprint me both when I'm leaving and when I'm coming back.

Last edited by Rete; Mar 24th 2005 at 2:27 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on man, there is no need for this kind of language here. I'm from the middle east. I did some research last night. My conclusion is that I have to notify the US immigration officer that Special Immigration applys to me, so he can fingerprint me both when I'm leaving and when I'm coming back.[/QUOTE]

HEY MJ! ARE U SURE THAT WE NEED TO DO THE FINGERPRINT THING BEFORE WE LEAVE? I AM GOING TO CHECK ON THAT.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

viperrt10 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI guys,

Yes, you need to get fingerprinted before leaving so they have an "exit record" in the system for you. When you enter you will be fingerprinted again and a new fresh record will be created. Only people who were subjected to SR need to do this. You have to do these at special posts though.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by viperrt10
HI guys,

Yes, you need to get fingerprinted before leaving so they have an "exit record" in the system for you. When you enter you will be fingerprinted again and a new fresh record will be created. Only people who were subjected to SR need to do this. You have to do these at special posts though.

I called the local INS office here and they have told that I (h1b status) only need to surrender my I-94 before leaving the States! but the fingerprint stuff would be done on the way back to the States!

In addition, my cousin (f1 status) just this last july left the US and only surrendered his I-94 and registered/fingerprint on the way back to the States!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

If u r traveling to Canada from US for less than 30 days by car, u don't have to surrender ur I-94, or r these new rules?

Thanks

P.S. I traveled to Canada by car back in summer 2001 and didn't have to surrender my H1-b I-94.

Originally Posted by zafar
I called the local INS office here and they have told that I (h1b status) only need to surrender my I-94 before leaving the States! but the fingerprint stuff would be done on the way back to the States!

In addition, my cousin (f1 status) just this last july left the US and only surrendered his I-94 and registered/fingerprint on the way back to the States!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zico
If u r traveling to Canada from US for less than 30 days by car, u don't have to surrender ur I-94, or r these new rules?

Thanks

P.S. I traveled to Canada by car back in summer 2001 and didn't have to surrender my H1-b I-94.
Well, I am going to land and at the same time I am going for the H1 stamp interview in Toronto! so at least I am surrendering my i-94
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

If you are going to fly in, then you will have to surrender the I-94, if you are going to drive, then you don't.

Well, I am going to land and at the same time I am going for the H1 stamp interview in Toronto! so at least I am surrendering my i-94
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:34 pm
The ECA Godfather

Come on man, there is no need for this kind of language here. I'm from the middle east. I did some research last night. My conclusion is that I have to notify the US immigration officer that Special Immigration applys to me, so he can fingerprint me both when I'm leaving and when I'm coming back.

HEY MJ! ARE U SURE THAT WE NEED TO DO THE FINGERPRINT THING BEFORE WE LEAVE? I AM GOING TO CHECK ON THAT.[/QUOTE]

Zafar, I don't think people with your nationality have to do it, so don't worry about it!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:29 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: US Special Registration

Hey MJ23:
It's not so much about nationality, Middle East, etc with the US GOV nowadays.
FYI: the US CBP has been very anal lately.
On my way back from Winnipeg last month, they gave me third degree [one of many reasons I want to move further north].
Luckily, my DOE security clearance saved the day.

The question is "Will your name, DOB, and place of birth ring the bell when it's compiled to CBP, ICE, DHS, and CJIS database?"

If you plan to do your border jumping routine (i.e. living in Canada but working in the states), I would suggest you have a permanent address in the states.

Next, send an AR-11 form to London, Kentucky.
If the USCIS is overly concern (i.e. your name, DOB, and place of birth ring the bell), they will call you for fingerprinting and interviews.

If you are leaving the US for good, no need to worry.

Originally Posted by MJ23
HEY MJ! ARE U SURE THAT WE NEED TO DO THE FINGERPRINT THING BEFORE WE LEAVE? I AM GOING TO CHECK ON THAT.
Zafar, I don't think people with your nationality have to do it, so don't worry about it![/QUOTE]
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

imagination92 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are subject to special reg. then please do follow the rules and do not act careless.
i am form pakistan and have left US twice in last year. when i was going to ottawa for my wife stamping and i had visa on my passport, i had to wait for INS officer at atlanta airport so he could take my fingerprint and fill some info on his computer and put exit stamp on my passport. i missed my flight though airline was telling me to leave without seeing INS officer and just surrender my I-94 but i decided rather stay and fulfill all the req. finaly after the stapm on my passport n fingerrpinting i left and took next flight that evening to ottawa.
never leave US without seeing INS officer and you could only leave form one of the designated port of departures whcih you can find on CBP website.

I hope that will help you and yes...officer told me that its your responsiblity to follow all the rules..if you just leave no one will stop you but on your way back...........????

Bye

Originally Posted by ABW
Hey MJ23:
It's not so much about nationality, Middle East, etc with the US GOV nowadays.
FYI: the US CBP has been very anal lately.
On my way back from Winnipeg last month, they gave me third degree [one of many reasons I want to move further north].
Luckily, my DOE security clearance saved the day.

The question is "Will your name, DOB, and place of birth ring the bell when it's compiled to CBP, ICE, DHS, and CJIS database?"

If you plan to do your border jumping routine (i.e. living in Canada but working in the states), I would suggest you have a permanent address in the states.

Next, send an AR-11 form to London, Kentucky.
If the USCIS is overly concern (i.e. your name, DOB, and place of birth ring the bell), they will call you for fingerprinting and interviews.

If you are leaving the US for good, no need to worry.

Zafar, I don't think people with your nationality have to do it, so don't worry about it!
[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:22 am
The ECA Godfather

Thank you for the info! I'm all about following the law, so I will make sure that I follow the process!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.