US ESTA's for Niagara Falls

Old Apr 3rd 2011, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

iancampbell9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US ESTA's for Niagara Falls

Hi my family are coming over for Easter. Flying into Toronto but flying out of New York.

They have a flight from Buffalo to New York but will be entering the US at Niagara falls by car/shuttle.

I don't think that they need an ESTA - is that right?

Anyone with any similar experience - can you suggest any shuttles from the falls?

Cheers,

Ian
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US ESTA's for Niagara Falls

My understanding is that if you aren't flying into the US but coming via land border, you aren't required to fill in the ESTA.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US ESTA's for Niagara Falls

You don't need an ESTA if travelling into the US by land.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/WebHel...Help_1.htm#TA2

Who is required to have a travel authorization?

All passengers traveling under the Visa Waiver Program are required to have an approved travel authorization prior to traveling to the United States by air or sea. Even non-ticketed infants are required to have an approved travel authorization, if they do not have a visa for travel to the United States. An application may be submitted by a third party on behalf of a Visa Waiver Program traveler.