Urgent PNP questions!

Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:54 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent PNP questions!

Originally Posted by chinn
ok,

It turns out the 'Regional Occupations Under Pressusre List' does not apply to the PNP application, and only to the LMO's... it isn't taken into consideration by PNP when making their decision.

All the proof of common-law relationship isn't required by PNP, and only when applying for PR.

things are looking up!

any statement about the eligibility of the cleaner supervisor job for the skilled occupations route?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Lol again just giving my wife s experience! Her boss was asked to go visit the PNP office in Vancouver were she had an interview to discuss employing my OH. Proof was needed she could nt find a suitable candidate. I ve seen it on the CIC website somewhere regarding the time frame. This was oct 07. will try and find it again.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lof
if it is a rule indeed - why isn't it in the directions for employers on the bcpnp web site? i know that an employer needs to proof efforts to hire a canadian or pr, but i still don't see a written rule on what these efforts need to look like, or how long these efforts need to be, the way it is clearly declared by hrdc with the lmos.
this is the first time that i hear about an employer who had to attend an interview with them. my employer didn't need any kind of pre-approval, neither in my case (early 2007) nor in my work mate's (end 2007). and i would find it a bit weird if they would re-introduce something they got rid of in 2005 or 2006...

anyway, since i don't know your exact circumstances, i just state: my experience was different. and i personally try to back up the information i put into my posts with information from the official websites.
LOF taken from CIC.GC.CA.Have you attempted to recruit Canadians/permanent residents for this job?
Please indicate whether your business has attempted to hire Canadians or permanent residents for the job and provide details of recruitment efforts or a detailed explanation of why you haven’t recruited. In order to conclude that the entry of a foreign worker will not have a negative effect on the Canadian labour market, Service Canada must first understand why you have determined that a foreign worker is needed to meet your requirements. Service Canada generally requires evidence of recent recruitment efforts to find qualified Canadians/permanent residents before applying to hire foreign workers. The intent of advertising is to determine the availability and interest of qualified Canadians/permanent residents. Therefore the advertisements must clearly describe the same job duties, position requirements, wages/salary and working conditions as described on your foreign worker application. You must provide evidence of your recruitment efforts and describe your results. Please provide copies of actual advertisements in media such as local, provincial and/or national newspapers; recognized Internet job banks; job-specific and professional publications; and job orders/postings at post-secondary or apprenticeship training institutions.
Copies of invoices/receipts showing how long the advertisements were published are also required. Evidence of the recruitment of Canadians through other means such as job fairs, co-operative education programs and apprenticeships may also be acceptable.

An employer can go to interview to by pass the LMO stage if they feel that there foriegn worker is exempt from needing a LMO or to argue the case
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:28 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottymallo
LOF taken from CIC.GC.CA.Have you attempted to recruit Canadians/permanent residents for this job?
Please indicate whether your business has attempted to hire Canadians or permanent residents for the job and provide details of recruitment efforts or a detailed explanation of why you haven’t recruited. In order to conclude that the entry of a foreign worker will not have a negative effect on the Canadian labour market, Service Canada must first understand why you have determined that a foreign worker is needed to meet your requirements. Service Canada generally requires evidence of recent recruitment efforts to find qualified Canadians/permanent residents before applying to hire foreign workers. The intent of advertising is to determine the availability and interest of qualified Canadians/permanent residents. Therefore the advertisements must clearly describe the same job duties, position requirements, wages/salary and working conditions as described on your foreign worker application. You must provide evidence of your recruitment efforts and describe your results. Please provide copies of actual advertisements in media such as local, provincial and/or national newspapers; recognized Internet job banks; job-specific and professional publications; and job orders/postings at post-secondary or apprenticeship training institutions.
Copies of invoices/receipts showing how long the advertisements were published are also required. Evidence of the recruitment of Canadians through other means such as job fairs, co-operative education programs and apprenticeships may also be acceptable.

An employer can go to interview to by pass the LMO stage if they feel that there foriegn worker is exempt from needing a LMO or to argue the case
thanks for the effort.
don't want to seem stubborn but ... your quote is about lmo / twp, isn't it? bcpnp is a different kettle of fish. they have the right to set their own rules, which they obviously do. - i'm just wondering how hard and fast the rule about the two weeks advertising you stated is...
that's probably something we - you and me - can't determine though, so we leave it at that, ok?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes leave it there! PNP is different but the rules are still the same as getting a F Worker. generally you need an LMO and the employer must prove they cannot get a canadian for the position. I spoke to my OH,s boss. She arranged to have an interview with an PNP immigration officer, as she wanted to bypass the LMO route to speed the process up. The immigration officer asked for proof that the job had been advertised locally and nationally for at least 2 weeks as a guideline, i guess this is to prove she had tried everything to get a local employee. The immigration officer gave my OH exemption from the LMO and she recieved her PNP through and PR 2 months later.