Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

URGENT - mistake on 'confirmation of permanent residence form'

URGENT - mistake on 'confirmation of permanent residence form'

Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default URGENT - mistake on 'confirmation of permanent residence form'

Just wondering - on checking the above form, we noticed that there are some mistakes - my husband is down as step-father for my daughter (correct), but as father for my son (should be step-father) and father for his granddaughter (should be grandfather).

We don't have time to call the office (as stated on the accompanying paperwork), as family is traveling to Canada on Sunday, so will it be enough to just point those mistakes out when we land?
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: URGENT - mistake on 'confirmation of permanent residence form'

Originally Posted by TheCanes
Just wondering - on checking the above form, we noticed that there are some mistakes - my husband is down as step-father for my daughter (correct), but as father for my son (should be step-father) and father for his granddaughter (should be grandfather).

We don't have time to call the office (as stated on the accompanying paperwork), as family is traveling to Canada on Sunday, so will it be enough to just point those mistakes out when we land?
Surely this phone call is something you have to make time for?

I don't think the immigration people you will see when you land will have the authority to change the documentation. Hopefully an expert will be along to give the right answer
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Surely this phone call is something you have to make time for?

I don't think the immigration people you will see when you land will have the authority to change the documentation. Hopefully an expert will be along to give the right answer
Well, actually, there is not number to call (I know I mentioned 'call', but it only gives a web address).

And anyway, what would people do, if they picked up the passports, etc., and flew out the following day? There really wouldn't be any time then, would there? They must make allowances for that.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, actually, there is not number to call (I know I mentioned 'call', but it only gives a web address).

And anyway, what would people do, if they picked up the passports, etc., and flew out the following day? There really wouldn't be any time then, would there? They must make allowances for that.
You can only hope.

Surely if you pickup your passports you check everything before you leave the offices? Again theoretical.

I'm dubious about this as I work with someone who has an error made on his DOB, making him 2 years younger, fine, except when he wanted his pension. He had terrible problems getting it changed.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Husband and daughter picked everything up today. They checked the passports (visa) but not the accompanying paperwork - not until they got home; 3 hours away from London!
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We were in a similar position with our med forms...they gave my 12 yr old son's marrital status as married. I sent them a Case Specific e-mail marked URGENT explained and they sent an e-mail back straight away saying to change the details that are wrong and that they have amended things their end. I have printed off the e-mail to take with me to the medicals.
I suggest you do this straight away explaining that you fly Sunday
Good luck
lol
Stef

Old Nov 27th 2009, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've already done this, but what if they don't get back to us in time before the flights on Sunday?
Old Nov 27th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Then you are going to have to wing it ....maybe pretend you did not notice? Have they not come back to you today? I don't think they work over the weekend. I would PM Jim Humphries, he may know of this scenario.
Hope it all works out for you
lol
Stef

I've already done this, but what if they don't get back to us in time before the flights on Sunday?
Old Nov 27th 2009, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

One thing after another hope its sorted soon S xx
Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:23 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I replied to your yahoo address.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Kate_P has a brilliant futureKate_P has a brilliant futureKate_P has a brilliant futureKate_P has a brilliant futureKate_P has a brilliant futureKate_P has a brilliant future

Hi there!
I was just wondering if you were able to land ok with the error. We have just received our CPR and visa's with a similar error. The form states that my son is my common-law's son and not mine (should be the other way around). It's fairly minor I think but I've emailed CIC twice with no response, we were really hoping to take a trip to the border this weekend. I appreciate our enquiry is not urgent to them!
We have thought about going anyway and taking birth certificates, copies of application etc?
Any first hand experience of this would be gratefullly rec'd.
Many thanks, Kate
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate_P
Hi there!
I was just wondering if you were able to land ok with the error. We have just received our CPR and visa's with a similar error. The form states that my son is my common-law's son and not mine (should be the other way around). It's fairly minor I think but I've emailed CIC twice with no response, we were really hoping to take a trip to the border this weekend. I appreciate our enquiry is not urgent to them!
We have thought about going anyway and taking birth certificates, copies of application etc?
Any first hand experience of this would be gratefullly rec'd.
Many thanks, Kate
It might be worth PM her as she hasn't been on for a while i don't think she is too busy enjoying her new life

oh and good luck
Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kate_P has a brilliant futureKate_P has a brilliant futureKate_P has a brilliant futureKate_P has a brilliant futureKate_P has a brilliant futureKate_P has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
It might be worth PM her as she hasn't been on for a while i don't think she is too busy enjoying her new life

oh and good luck
Will do thanks Coffeepot!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi need help. I collected my family COPR forms and whilst checking my first name which is very long I noticed an error. It had the last letter on missing off it. It has been spelt correctly on all other accompanying CORP.
I was wondering if it would be OK as it was not possible to fit it in to that specific column as it is OK else where?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:36 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by kullymack
Hi need help. I collected my family COPR forms and whilst checking my first name which is very long I noticed an error. It had the last letter on missing off it. It has been spelt correctly on all other accompanying CORP.
I was wondering if it would be OK as it was not possible to fit it in to that specific column as it is OK else where?
Its fine, there is a limited no. of letters in the name spaces.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.