Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

(Urgent Advise Needed)Changes in Family Composition before Landing

(Urgent Advise Needed)Changes in Family Composition before Landing

Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

gopijags is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (Urgent Advise Needed)Changes in Family Composition before Landing

Hi All

I have just received my stamped Visa for Canada. However there was a blunder on the part of my agency to tell CIC that we had a new born during the immigration process.

We received had our medicals and finally our immigrant visas and we have to land before the 11th of August 2004. But CIC has no knowledge of my son who is 18 months now.

My question is as follows.

Should I tell CIC Buffalo now that there had been an addition to our family, or can I just enter Canada and tell the immigration Officer about my second sons birth during the process of immigration and that my agency blundered by not informing CIC.

My agency told me to sponsor my son after we have landed in Canada. Our Entire family has British Passports so we don't need a Visa to enter Canada as such.

Please advise.

Jags
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

prodigy346 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: (Urgent Advise Needed)Changes in Family Composition before Landing

No, your visas are invalid. Your agency has given you bad advice. You have only one option, and that is to fax an urgent letter to the Canadian Visa Office explaining this situation, and wait instructions from them. If you try to use your visas, your application will be deemed fraudulent, and you will not be allowed to land in canada, because you would have lied about your family composition.

Your child needs to be medically examined and properly included as part of your application - it's not an issue of telling someone at the border that your child was born.

Even if you somehow manage to land in Canada, you will never be able to sponsor the child if the child was born before or during the application process, this child MUST be included in the application now prior to your entire family's arrival in Canada.

Originally posted by gopijags
Hi All

I have just received my stamped Visa for Canada. However there was a blunder on the part of my agency to tell CIC that we had a new born during the immigration process.

We received had our medicals and finally our immigrant visas and we have to land before the 11th of August 2004. But CIC has no knowledge of my son who is 18 months now.

Should I tell CIC Buffalo now that there had been an addition to our family, or can I just enter Canada and tell the immigration Officer about my second sons birth during the process of immigration and that my agency blundered by not informing CIC.

My agency told me to sponsor my son after we have landed in Canada. Our Entire family has British Passports so we don't need a Visa to enter Canada as such.

Please advise.

Jags
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:42 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasn't blunder of your agency - it was your blunder. It is you who received medical forms and letter stating that any change in family composition must be reported. When you got passport request the same warning was in the passport request letter but you decidied to ignore it and fraudulently submit your passports. You didn't add your son for 18 long months? It was your choice, not the blunder of someone else's. Now your visas are already invalid and you cannot use them.

Your agency is dead wrong advising you to sponsor your son after landing. First of all your visas are invalid already - once you tell (and you must tell) officer at the border about your son your will be turned away with cancelled visas. If you lie and won't disclose the fact then once you start sponsoring your son the fraud will be discovered and you'll be deported. More - your son as not included in medicals will not be sponsorable by you ever.

Your only hope is to return visas immediately and ask for instructions how to proceed with adding your son. Buffalo recently in such cases is simply telling people in similar to your circumstances to re-apply.

Sorry for the bad news, but it is you who messed it all up for who knows what reasons.

Hi All

Please advise.

Jags
Old Jul 19th 2004, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Yes Buffalo Rejected it. Told me to reapply, Said they would transfer the file. What a costly mistake!!

Hi All

Please advise.

Jags
Old Jul 19th 2004, 5:43 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you please tell us the name of the agency that advised you so wrongly?

It would be extremely beneficial to others to know what agency to stay away from.

Yes Buffalo Rejected it. Told me to reapply, Said they would transfer the file. What a costly mistake!!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

World Wide Imm Consultancy W''W'' IC S. First rate thieves.

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
Could you please tell us the name of the agency that advised you so wrongly?

It would be extremely beneficial to others to know what agency to stay away from.