Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Urgent advice needed please TWP renewal

Urgent advice needed please TWP renewal

Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

cathcrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent advice needed please TWP renewal

MY TWP expires on 27th Feb and at the moment my employer is waiting for a caseworker to be assigned their LMO application which they have said will probably take another two weeks. I need to go back to the UK from 16th to 23rd Feb (so in just over two weeks!!) and have some questions I really hope someone can help me with:

1) If my LMO arrives before I go to the UK can I just take it with me and get my TWP extension when I fly back to Calgary?

2) If my LMO arrives in time can I just drive down to the border and get my TWP extension there?

3) If my LMO does not arrive before the 16th and I do fly to the UK, will they allow me back in with only a few days left on my TWP??? this is the big question really as I obviously can't risk not being allowed back in.

4) And lastly, worst case scenario - if my LMO does not arrive before my TWP expires do I have to leave Canada immediately?

Thanks so much for any help. I really need to be in the UK on the 16th-23rd so really hope someone can offer some advice that can help me decide what to do.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

BenandJerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Urgent advice needed please TWP renewal

Hi,

We have just been though a similar thing with our TWP, we were told we could leave Canada but would most likely not be allowed back in. So we stayed. My families have all been issued new ones now, but mine has gotten lost! I was told to wait 6 weeks before calling, which was 4 weeks ago now and my 2nd one has still not arrived, so plesae be very careful if you do leave the country!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

cathcrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent advice needed please TWP renewal

Wow, I was assuming that because my TWP would still be valid, albeit for only a few more days, then they would let me back in. Was it an immigration consultant / lawyer who advised you?

I really need to get back to the UK for that week and just don't know what to do. I can't get any information from CIC directly as I just go round and round their automated call centre.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

BenandJerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Urgent advice needed please TWP renewal

Hi,

We could not get any answers from CIC so we went to our local MLA for help, they have been great, Ours called the Ministers office in Ottawa to find out what was happening with our file. They know so much about all of this!

Find out where your local Mla office is and go see them.