Upfront Medical

Old Oct 17th 2015, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

skybluepink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Upfront Medical

Hello, could I ask, does anyone know how to check if CIC has passed your medical? I had an upfront 'e'medical 3 weeks ago by a panel physician in the UK and my status is finalised and uploaded.All my other documents to apply for a work permit at POE are in order and its only the medical that I don't have confirmed as passed. Ive been told by my health recruitment agency that all is 'probably' well since I haven't heard back from CIC,but its a worry to me that I will be there in Canada at the airport with all my wordly goods having left behind my job in the UK and wont really know if I'll get a work permit till then. I was hoping someone on here would have had experience of this - do CIC get back to you if there's an issue with your medical or do you not find out till you get to the POE? Thanks for your time and help.
Old Oct 17th 2015, 10:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upfront Medical

They normally only tell you if there is a problem, you can check with the DMP to make sure it's been sent electronically to CIC though, and as soon as that's done you should be good to go.

Have you got your LMIA already? If not, that might give you a bit more time anyway.

Best of luck.
Old Oct 17th 2015, 5:14 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skybluepink
Hello, could I ask, does anyone know how to check if CIC has passed your medical? I had an upfront 'e'medical 3 weeks ago by a panel physician in the UK and my status is finalised and uploaded.All my other documents to apply for a work permit at POE are in order and its only the medical that I don't have confirmed as passed. Ive been told by my health recruitment agency that all is 'probably' well since I haven't heard back from CIC,but its a worry to me that I will be there in Canada at the airport with all my wordly goods having left behind my job in the UK and wont really know if I'll get a work permit till then. I was hoping someone on here would have had experience of this - do CIC get back to you if there's an issue with your medical or do you not find out till you get to the POE? Thanks for your time and help.
We applied for the our work permit from the UK not specifically because of the medical but because of the mix of uncertainty and leaving a partnership being quite a big deal. We have pretty low risk threshold's!!
Old Oct 17th 2015, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

skybluepink is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.
I have PNP and am getting the IMM5802e / compliance fee document instead of LMIA. My medical has been uploaded and its status is 'finalised' . I asked for a copy so have this printed off and will take this along with my other papers.
Tirytory- I think you were very wise to get the permit before making any final plans . Wish we had done that too!