Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Updated information for Skilled Worker Visa

Updated information for Skilled Worker Visa

Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough
Default Updated information for Skilled Worker Visa

Hi there,

Having just received our 90 day letter, I wonder if anyone can help me with the following:

The update asks for Updated IMM0008, Schedule 1 and Schedule 3 forms.

We submitted the full set of documents back in May 2006, and I have updated IMM0008 (primarily because of a new child, but also because the form has changed to include skills) and Schedule 3 to bring my skills up-to-date.

As nothing has changed in regards of our background do we have to re-do Schedule 1? Or will CIC be happy to use the existing document? - It was quite time consuming putting this together...

Regards,

James.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:03 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Updated information for Skilled Worker Visa

You got the request - don't dispute it and submit what you are asked to provide.

Nothing changed since May 2006? What about 28 months passing since? Were you frozen in time? Then write "May '06 to Aug '08 - frozen in time" in Section 11 of Schedule 1 as it for sure needs updating - check other section too to make sure that all is up to date.

If you have new baby since then you also need to update IMM 5406 forms, add baby to IMM 0008, submit baby's birth certificate, passport and photos as well as application fee.

You must update everything to the state of the application if initial package would be submitted today.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You got the request - don't dispute it and submit what you are asked to provide.

Nothing changed since May 2006? What about 28 months passing since? Were you frozen in time? Then write "May '06 to Aug '08 - frozen in time" in Section 11 of Schedule 1 as it for sure needs updating - check other section too to make sure that all is up to date.
Thanks Andrew.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you have new baby since then you also need to update IMM 5406 forms, add baby to IMM 0008, submit baby's birth certificate, passport and photos as well as application fee.
Hi Andrew,

I have four photographs for my new child which I will include with the fee and updated docs as you have suggested (and of course you are right - things have moved on!). The form also asks for two recent photographs for each of my dependents who are under 18 - should I include a further two for the new born?

Regards,

James.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:07 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not, play it safe.