Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Understanding E cas - spousal London

Understanding E cas - spousal London

Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:04 pm
John Thom Don

Default Understanding E cas - spousal London

Hi,

Just trying to understand e cas - Application received @ Mississauga 1st March, processing started 6th April, sponsorship approved 6th April and file forwarded to London.

Currently e cas says 'decision made' for sponsorship app, permanent residence application status info says 'not available'. How quickly can I expect to receive an AOR from London? How quickly can I expect e cas to show that the file in London is anything other than 'not available'?

Thanks all

John

Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Understanding E cas - spousal London

Originally Posted by John Thom Don
Hi,

Just trying to understand e cas - Application received @ Mississauga 1st March, processing started 6th April, sponsorship approved 6th April and file forwarded to London.

Currently e cas says 'decision made' for sponsorship app, permanent residence application status info says 'not available'. How quickly can I expect to receive an AOR from London? How quickly can I expect e cas to show that the file in London is anything other than 'not available'?

Thanks all

John
Give it a couple of weeks, London will send you a file # beginning with B and you can try and access Ecas through that. But let me be the first to tell you that Ecas is the biggest waste of Money known to man. it never works, is never updated and youl know things before it shows you trust me. I had my passport with visa in my hand before mine said anything different than 'In process' thats all it will say throughout the whole process so its really not worth getting stressed over it cos its poo really.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:53 pm
John Thom Don

Hi BV,

I hear ya!

Was just hoping I'd get an idea of when it'll change to 'in process' so at least I know everything got to London OK.

John

Old Apr 27th 2006, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by John Thom Don
Hi,

Thanks all

John

I got decision made at Mississuaga on 13 Feb and AOR from london dated 17 Feb. It seems to vary quite a bit from case to case (eg you got very quick decision at Mississuaga, mine took 3 months!)

Have look at some of the timelines of people posting in a thread on the Lifestyle forum called 'Anyone heard from Mississuaga', that might give you more of an idea of what the average is.

I agree with BV, ecas never tells you anything you didn't already know.

V
Old Apr 27th 2006, 8:46 pm
John Thom Don

Thanks,

I have to build in added time for AOR or another correspondence to get from London to me here in Oakville - all sounds positive though.

John