Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Unbelievable but true - something wrong with Immigration Canada

Unbelievable but true - something wrong with Immigration Canada

Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

JohnEarl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unbelievable but true - something wrong with Immigration Canada

I have first hand knowledge on a case and still cannot believe it is happening; maybe the Immigration Canada's process is totally flawed.

The story starts about 10 years ago when a person who had been granted permanent resident status was offered a position as a diplomat representing his country of origin in Canada. This person had previously landed but immediately returned to his country.

He decided to accept the position, but in order to receive a diplomat visa he had to give up his PR status, he moved to Canada with his family and worked here for approximately 8 years.

At some point this person became sick an needed very expensive surgery and rehab. He had a private insurance paid by his government but as he did not want to pay the 20% deductible, instead he decided to use his OHIP card, which for any reason had not been discharged from the health system. The approximate cost of both surgery and rehab was in the range of $300,000. Needles to say that as a diplomat this "gentleman" never paid a single cent in taxes, not even in the market, restaurants and when he purchased cars or clothes.

At some point, he knew his job as diplomat was coming to an end and he decided to ask for PR. In the process, the RCMP became aware of the scam and he had to flee Canada and went back to his home country. The RCMP spoke to the Ambassador of his Country about filing criminal charges, willing to avoid a scandal the ambassador told the RCMP that given his status as a diplomat, he was protected against criminal charges. The person involved was expelled from his Country's diplomat service.

But guess what? this ex diplomat reactivated his PR application at the Canadian Embassy in his Country and a couple months ago the whole family came back to Canada, landed, received their PR Cards and then returned to their Country. Probably the aim is to allow his children the unexpensive Canadian education or whatever else.

Can it be that the process is so screwed up in this Country to the extent that a person can commit such an offense and still become a PR??? What is wrong here??? Any clue on what went wrong in this process?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Default Re: Unbelievable but true - something wrong with Immigration Canada

Welcome to BE!

Given this is your very first post in the forum, perhaps you might want to introduce yourself?

Last edited by MarkSurrey; Mar 15th 2009 at 9:12 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

JohnEarl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey

perhaps you might want to introduce yourself?
Perhaps not, thank you!

I just do not want to feel an accomplish by shutting up. If anyone has an advise on how to proceed, I can receive private emails if preferred.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JohnEarl
Perhaps not, thank you!

I just do not want to feel an accomplish by shutting up. If anyone has an advise on how to proceed, I can receive private emails if preferred.
Well, that wasn't very friendly!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

I'm not quite sure what the question is here.. How does this even affect you? Also with a rude attitude you can't expect to get any help from people here...

Last edited by kleinluka; Mar 16th 2009 at 5:21 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:22 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
Well, that wasn't very friendly!

It wasn't was it.

Last edited by Cassie 10000; Mar 16th 2009 at 6:23 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

zoaxe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kleinluka
I'm not quite sure what the question is here.. How does this even affect you? Also with a rude attitude you can't expect to get any help from people here...
cant understand aswell.....hopefully not anti immgration group coming to this fourm
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:27 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

PMs wont work till he posts a few more times anyway.

This thread seems very odd for a first time poster. Im not sure what to make of it.

If he got PR and left the country, then his kids wont have the education for long as PR status will lapse.

If you have a concern over the legality, report it to the CIC hotline or RCMP
1-888-242-2100

I dont know why else you bring it up. If you expect infalability from the canadian government then get used to being disapointed!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:00 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Glad to know I wasn't the only one left scratching my head at this post, god knows what the OP was getting at??

Not very friendly either is he?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:02 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45
Glad to know I wasn't the only one left scratching my head at this post, god knows what the OP was getting at??

Not very friendly either is he?
He might come back with his nice and friendly hat on later and explain himself a little better.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

I was also left scratching my head wondering where this post was going...Although I thought the reply to MarkSurrey was quite telling
Cheers
Tim
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Poor Mark. You were only being nice and you get a reply like that!!!
Unbelievable!

Don't think 'JohnEarl' will be getting much advice from us with an attitude like that!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinzo
Poor Mark. You were only being nice and you get a reply like that!!!
Unbelievable!

Don't think 'JohnEarl' will be getting much advice from us with an attitude like that!
Sounds like someone who needs to just vent
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:46 pm
hmm the waiting game....

Spectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant future

i am lost
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

funny funny funny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.