Wikiposts

UK police certificate in canada

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK police certificate in canada

Originally Posted by MarkG
Indeed; if the police aren't processing it within 40 days, surely they should be arresting themselves ?
then we would never get them
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice

Is there an ombudsman? Seems like the sort of thing they would get involved with?

I enjoy the notion of the police arresting themselves. Would make a great sketch!

By the way, will it matter what date I signed and filled out the forms, compared with when I mail it? I'm saying that because I completed all the forms on 19th Jan (the date of my one year full-time anniversary with my company in Canada). If the postmark is for early February, will that cause me a problem? All of the information within is still valid and relevant.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice

Originally Posted by ojmurphy
I sent for mine on December 20th. I'm getting used to waiting for documents personally, and I'm sure most people on this board are too!!

I was promised a response by 16th February (according to the receipt they send you), though a person at my local police service said it might only take 3 weeks. Basically, I'd say it will take at least a month to 40 days. I have everything else for the application set as soon as that arrives.

Download the forms, send in the documentation, sit back and put some Hockey on. That's all you can do.
UPDATE:

My Police Certificate arrived yesterday, 6th February. From mailing to receiving, 48 days and that includes mailing both directions and, in my case, Christmas and New Year.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE:

My Police Certificate arrived yesterday, 6th February. From mailing to receiving, 48 days and that includes mailing both directions and, in my case, Christmas and New Year.
I think its now gone over to the new system someone i know was told 35.00 yesterday ouch, well done, that wasn't bad then.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:10 am
PAG
Just Joined

PAG has a brilliant futurePAG has a brilliant futurePAG has a brilliant futurePAG has a brilliant futurePAG has a brilliant futurePAG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I wondered if any one applied recently i read on here someone was still waiting after 4 months so sorry i didn't word that well,
Its the same as a lot of things it doesn't always do what it says on the tin,

cheers anyway for taking the time to reply
Coffeepot
Sent for my Police National Computer Check since the 4 January (Receipt dated the 4). Hane not received the results as yet. Maybe you will be fortunate to receive it early.

PAG
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:18 am
PAG
Just Joined

PAG has a brilliant futurePAG has a brilliant futurePAG has a brilliant futurePAG has a brilliant futurePAG has a brilliant futurePAG has a brilliant future

UPDATE:

ojmurphy,
When is your receipt dated. Mine's dated the 4 January. Still have not received my police certificate. I am starting to panic!

PAG
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PAG
Coffeepot
Sent for my Police National Computer Check since the 4 January (Receipt dated the 4). Hane not received the results as yet. Maybe you will be fortunate to receive it early.

PAG
thanks PAG already late with that, might be because there is another in for me ? confusing the issue
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

Is there an ombudsman? Seems like the sort of thing they would get involved with?

I enjoy the notion of the police arresting themselves. Would make a great sketch!
The Information Commissioner is the ombudsman. http://www.ico.gov.uk/

Looking on that site, I see that there have been enforcement notices against 5 police forces recently, albeit on an unrelated matter. There have been no recent rulings against anyone for going over the 40 day limit, although the website does emphasise that 40 days is the maximum limit, and that subject access requests should receive responses as soon as possible.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

I recently sent off a request for a UK police cert to send in response to my 90 day letter. The force sent me a letter back to acknowledge receipt. It states:

"West Yorkshire Police acknowledge receipt of your application for information which may be held by the Police. The law requires that you should be given a response in relation to your request within 40 days.
The 40 day deadline for your application is Saturday, 15 March 2008.
If you have still not received a response within this time you must contact us at the earliest opportunity to obtain a duplicate copy. A duplicate copy cannot be requested more than 4 weeks after the 40 day deadline."

Here's hoping they meet the deadline...