Wikiposts

UK police certificate in canada

Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Default UK police certificate in canada

Hi all,
Can any one help me I need a new UK police cert and I am living in Canada.
How can I get one from here this is urgent.
looking forward to ur replys
firefox
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

englishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really nice
Default Re: UK police certificate in canada

Am I guessing you need police check
Try Disclosure Scotland?
Chris
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:51 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Google for "Form 3019B police".
Follow the instructions. You can download it.

It's a tenner UK per person and takes 40 days.
Be sure to send a photocopy of your passport or whatever with it.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

beeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nice

Re: That old 'how do I get UK police checks while I'm in Canada?' question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for anyone else looking to get their police checks whilst here in canada, type in the search box the last county you lived in followed by "subject access"

eg mine was= dorset police subject access

as far as i can see this will take u to the specific site with all of the forms.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beeginger

Re: That old 'how do I get UK police checks while I'm in Canada?' question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for anyone else looking to get their police checks whilst here in canada, type in the search box the last county you lived in followed by "subject access"

eg mine was= dorset police subject access

as far as i can see this will take u to the specific site with all of the forms.
anyone know how long the checks are taking, read there valid for 3 months is that right ?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:31 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

As per my post above - 40 days.
Good for 90 days.

Not being funny mate, but this is pretty basic stuff.
You might want to do a bit more of your own research, and actually read the posts.

Good luck with it anyway.
Let's hope that string of armed robberies inth 70's don't come back to haunt you like they did me.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wbexpat
As per my post above - 40 days.
Good for 90 days.

Not being funny mate, but this is pretty basic stuff.
You might want to do a bit more of your own research, and actually read the posts.

Good luck with it anyway.
Let's hope that string of armed robberies inth 70's don't come back to haunt you like they did me.
I wondered if any one applied recently i read on here someone was still waiting after 4 months so sorry i didn't word that well,
Its the same as a lot of things it doesn't always do what it says on the tin,

cheers anyway for taking the time to reply
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I wondered if any one applied recently i read on here someone was still waiting after 4 months so sorry i didn't word that well,
Its the same as a lot of things it doesn't always do what it says on the tin,

cheers anyway for taking the time to reply
I did mine recently it took 43 days to reach me but was dated for the 40th day. Legally they must be done within 40 days of receipt. A friend of mine recently got one in 3 weeks.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice

I sent for mine on December 20th. I'm getting used to waiting for documents personally, and I'm sure most people on this board are too!!

I was promised a response by 16th February (according to the receipt they send you), though a person at my local police service said it might only take 3 weeks. Basically, I'd say it will take at least a month to 40 days. I have everything else for the application set as soon as that arrives.

Download the forms, send in the documentation, sit back and put some Hockey on. That's all you can do.

Last edited by ojmurphy; Feb 1st 2008 at 10:22 am.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ojmurphy
I sent for mine on December 20th. I'm getting used to waiting for documents personally, and I'm sure most people on this board are too!!

I was promised a response by 16th February (according to the receipt they send you), though a person at my local police service said it might only take 3 weeks. Basically, I'd say it will take at least a month to 40 days. I have everything else for the application set as soon as that arrives.

Download the forms, send in the documentation, sit back and put some Hockey on. That's all you can do.
cheers for that britsnake and ojmurphy story of my life since starting the process, waiting feel like lifes in limbo
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

I spoke to them just over a fortnight ago, because mine had taken over 40 days. They told me that they were running up to 5 days behind the statutory limit, and when they arrived they were dated 42 days after they acknowledged receipt. They were much more efficient about taking my money, of course!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
I spoke to them just over a fortnight ago, because mine had taken over 40 days. They told me that they were running up to 5 days behind the statutory limit, and when they arrived they were dated 42 days after they acknowledged receipt. They were much more efficient about taking my money, of course!
Thanks danfolkstone, i read on another thread someones was over 4 months, i hope they pick it up a little
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 5:18 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Thanks danfolkstone, i read on another thread someones was over 4 months, i hope they pick it up a little
Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 mandates 40 days.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 mandates 40 days.
Indeed; if the police aren't processing it within 40 days, surely they should be arresting themselves ?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Indeed; if the police aren't processing it within 40 days, surely they should be arresting themselves ?
It's not a criminal offence but if they don't respond within the statutory time limit a court may order that they do and/or award compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.