UK citizen moving to Canada

Old May 31st 2016, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

aharongoldi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK citizen moving to Canada

Hello,

My fiancee is from Liverpool she is UK Citizen, We about to getting married soon, I want to know if it's possible for us to immigrate to Canada immediately after we getting married?

If she is a UK Citizen she can immigrate to Canada to work and live so can I? Or Do I need to wait for me English passport?

Thank you!
Old May 31st 2016, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK citizen moving to Canada

What citizenship(s) do you hold?

S
Old May 31st 2016, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

aharongoldi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Snowy560
What citizenship(s) do you hold?

S

Israeli
Old May 31st 2016, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

On what basis then, are you thinking of moving to Canada? I am afraid you can't just emigrate because you feel like it. It's not like Europe where UK citizens can (at the moment) move to live/work in other EU countries. There has to be a suitable route.

If you both have British passports and are both under 30, you can apply for a space on the Working Holiday program. Is that possible for you?

S
Old May 31st 2016, 10:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Broadly speaking if your wife is eligible to emigrate to Canada then you can accompany her as her spouse without first becoming a British citizen.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

A persons citizenship makes no difference in their ability to immigrate to Canada. There is no special treatment for British or any other countries citizens (maybe the French for Quebec).

If she is eligible to immigrate or you are eligible to immigrate ie qualify through express entry for example the other partner can accompany as a spouse.

The only problem I can see is if it looks like the marriage is for the purposes of obtaining PR. the legitimacy of the relationship may be questioned and may need to be proven.

Do you live in the UK with your fiancée?
Old Jun 1st 2016, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johntheScot
A persons citizenship makes no difference in their ability to immigrate to Canada. There is no special treatment for British or any other countries citizens (maybe the French for Quebec).
For the record: there is no preferential/special treatment for the French, or any other nationality, in the Quebec immigration procedure.