Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

UK -) Canada: Seeking visa information ++

UK -) Canada: Seeking visa information ++

Old Jan 8th 2002, 8:44 pm
Lee

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could offer me some advice (links, useful resources, etc). I am a
UK citizen and I graduated with a BSc in computer science with honours in June of
last year. I am 22 years old, and am currently working in the US at a national lab
(using a J-1 visa good until September of this year).

I have spent quite a lot of time in BC, Canada over the years and would very much
like to work/live there. I would just like some information on how easy it will be
for to find a job, obtain visa sponsorship, etc. over there. I have skills that are
in demand & I have some pretty impressive work experience.

I have not given it much thought yet, but say for example I would like to find a job
in Vancouver starting in January of next year, when and how should I start applying
for jobs. I know a little about the US work visas (e.g. the H-1B), but I understand
that Canada's policies are a little more relaxed.

I hope someone can help me out with some info. Thanks very much in advance

- Best regards,

Lee

PS: I am not eligible for programmes like BUNAC's 'Work Canada' as I will have been
out of university for over 12 months by the time I wish to work there.

Old Jan 8th 2002, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

CN Tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lee,
Best place to start is here, mucho reading, but straight from the top:

http://www.cic.gc.ca

If you feel like some other Brit company, see the URL below

Cheers,

CN