Typo on Application Form

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of
Default Typo on Application Form

I don't know why I just went back to check but just noticed a typo on my application form!? I am currently waiting for a medical request.

Under "Education" I listed University as 1999 - 2001 when it should have been 1998 - 2001 making it look like 2 years when in the box above I entered 3.

The personal history section has it stated correctly and my university transcripts etc. would have correct dates so a genuine typo.

Think this will be a problem?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Typo on Application Form

please dont worry Im sure it will be fine

this is what I would do

email them with a message telling them you have made an error

do that page of the application from again and send it off to CHC quoting your file number

then wait about 3 weeks or so and email them again saying is all ok so sorry for error etc

although its not major in anyway im sure always best to let them know

im speaking from experience here we managed to get a childs date of brith wrong

I really worried in case they thought we were shoody and perhaps made other msitakes as this incorrect info was also stated in a sworn declaration we had made

in the end it caused us no problems whatosoever chc reasssured me we had been forgiven!

in comaprison your error is minor
so londg as you tell them ( just in case you need any points for your route and somebdy at chc tallys your points with a years less education)

good luck all
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Hey thanks for the response - thing is now I cannot recall if the form I am looking at is the one I sent off lol

Basically we noticed a few typos before it went and I am not sure now if this copy I have left is a sent copy or a "bad" copy!?

So getting in touch with CHC about it might make me look completely crazy

Next week it will be 3 months since we submitted - many have had medical requests and medicals taken in that time so I am already thinking about sending an email to check if lost in post etc.

Think I should do that first before opening a can of worms about dates? Even if it was wrong - all other evidence points to me being at uni 3 years and to be fair you get points for a Bsc of 2 years and more..
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by delsol79
Hey thanks for the response - thing is now I cannot recall if the form I am looking at is the one I sent off lol

Basically we noticed a few typos before it went and I am not sure now if this copy I have left is a sent copy or a "bad" copy!?

So getting in touch with CHC about it might make me look completely crazy

Next week it will be 3 months since we submitted - many have had medical requests and medicals taken in that time so I am already thinking about sending an email to check if lost in post etc.

Think I should do that first before opening a can of worms about dates? Even if it was wrong - all other evidence points to me being at uni 3 years and to be fair you get points for a Bsc of 2 years and more..
You sent your certificate for your BSc right so I really wouldn't worry? I made a few mistakes too regarding dates but got my medical request regardless. When I noticed my mistakes a week or so later (I photocopied my whole file), I was going to send a letter to them to let them know but decided against it because I didn't want the application delayed. I'm sure yours will be fine... seriously! Everyone makes mistakes; they know that
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

I think chc think I am completely crazy and yes agree with both of you it really should not matter

I have worried about every single step even if the dogs would pass their meds/fitness to fly and that was just the start even before we went anywhere near the immigration process

for me I dare not let chc have any cause to delay for even a second on any aspect so I have anticipated every possible problem all throughout the process well hopefully I have

good luck all
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chumley
I think chc think I am completely crazy and yes agree with both of you it really should not matter

I have worried about every single step even if the dogs would pass their meds/fitness to fly and that was just the start even before we went anywhere near the immigration process

for me I dare not let chc have any cause to delay for even a second on any aspect so I have anticipated every possible problem all throughout the process well hopefully I have

good luck all
LOL, I know, you can't help but worry; our whole lives depend on their decision so it's understandable. The way I see things though is if it's meant to be, it'll happen; regardless, and I honestly believe that. But I guess it's always good to preempt any comebacks.....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I included my degree certificate and also my transcipts would show the real dates. Also my personal history section has the right dates. So basically anyone with half a brain could work out it was a typo unless they are looking for excuses...

I think my concern is that I am not even sure if I am looking at a draft or what I actually submitted lol - I was silly and did not photocopy the final one.

Think I will wait another week or two and then maybe chase medical requests and not let this potential error worry me in the hope that people from this fine country looking at my application are not idiots
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:39 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by delsol79
I don't know why I just went back to check but just noticed a typo on my application form!? I am currently waiting for a medical request.

Under "Education" I listed University as 1999 - 2001 when it should have been 1998 - 2001 making it look like 2 years when in the box above I entered 3.

The personal history section has it stated correctly and my university transcripts etc. would have correct dates so a genuine typo.

Think this will be a problem?
If yours is a Skilled Worker application and you were hoping for 20 points for education then I wouldnt worry about it, since for 20 points you only need 14 years of education and a 2-year university credential. So even if they did class your degree as 2 years instead of 3 based on this error it wouldnt affect the success of your application.