Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP's....how long before you need to land?

TWP's....how long before you need to land?

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

savageer13 is a jewel in the roughsavageer13 is a jewel in the roughsavageer13 is a jewel in the roughsavageer13 is a jewel in the rough
Default TWP's....how long before you need to land?

Hi, just a quick question.

I have just received TWP's, how long are they valid for? ie, how long have i got before i need to land in Canada?

There is nothing on the permit that says i have to land within a certain time limit...

Any thoughts?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:27 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP's....how long before you need to land?

What a suspicious question. The employer should be waiting for you unless you are a BUNAC.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

savageer13 is a jewel in the roughsavageer13 is a jewel in the roughsavageer13 is a jewel in the roughsavageer13 is a jewel in the rough

nothing suspicious, just that i spoke to new employer who advised they were going through a "slow period" and work would start to pick up in the new year!!

Just thought there may be some restriction on TWP like there is on PR where by you have to land within 12 months.

After all this time and effort i hope they aren't gonna back out, coz they have been really +ve up until now....

Fingers crossed..
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:25 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by savageer13
nothing suspicious, just that i spoke to new employer who advised they were going through a "slow period" and work would start to pick up in the new year!!

Just thought there may be some restriction on TWP like there is on PR where by you have to land within 12 months.

After all this time and effort i hope they aren't gonna back out, coz they have been really +ve up until now....

Fingers crossed..
The temporary work permit usually will be issued for a period of time that ends when the validity of the labour market opinion ends.

The term for which the labour market opinion is valid is the limiting factor.
x
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:58 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully you got a heads up from the employer.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Hey Judy, thanks for that. Just had e-mail from employer, they are gonna contact me later to discuss my job.

Hope it's good news...
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:00 pm

My essential concern would be that arriving with a TWP that has largely gone unused would raise suspicions that the job was not solid or genuine. Since the ER is wavering that makes the situation justifying the original approval questionable. Not your fault of course.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Hey Jim, thanks for your concern.

My new employer has been really supportive and positive throughout the whole interview/ job offer/ LMO process, so i had no reason to suspect the job offer was not solid or genuine.

They just seemed a bit laid back about the whole thing when i spoke to them last night and couldn't get them to commit to a start date!!

They've promised to get in contact today, so we will see what happens!