TWP timeline London

Old May 6th 2011, 8:25 am
Just Joined

MRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really nice
Default TWP timeline London

Hello, I have just applied for a TWP at the CHC in London. My job is LMO exempt (will be working for an international organisation), though I need a temporary resident visa so I couldn't just apply at the POE. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has also recently applied for a TWP at the London CHC - how long did the processing take in your case?
Thank you in advance
Old May 6th 2011, 11:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP timeline London

Takes approx 8 weeks at the moment.

As you're going on an intra-company transfer TWP, this Wiki article may be useful reading - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Intra-...ransfer-Canada

Welcome to the forum and good luck!
Old May 6th 2011, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

MRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really nice

Thanks! I guess I got confused as the guy at the CHC said it would take about six weeks. I actually still need to submit a police certificate from another country (haven't received it yet from their embassy), but hopefully all will go well.
Would also be interested in hearing the experiences of other TWP applicants.
Old May 6th 2011, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

kushkush is an unknown quantity at this point

I also applied for a TWP and my application was received on the 10th of April. It is for a 2 month research exchange at the University of British Columbia. (LMO not required).

However, I need to travel on the 1st of June, and haven't heard from the high commission yet.

I received my offer quite late, otherwise I'd have applied earlier.

D'you think I should try and get in touch with them? if so, at what point? I was thinking to send them an Urgent email round the 15th or so, because I need to book flights etc...

I know the embassy of canada in France has urgent processing times when the date of travel is close to the date of application, provided valid reasons are given... i'm not sure if they do that in London?!

x
Old May 7th 2011, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

davidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud of

I applied for TWP in January. If there is no error, you should get it in 4-6 weeks depending on your Police certificate. We received their letter in 4 weeks. They issued the TWP letter in a week when they received my police certificate.
Old May 8th 2011, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by davidsk
I applied for TWP in January. If there is no error, you should get it in 4-6 weeks depending on your Police certificate. We received their letter in 4 weeks. They issued the TWP letter in a week when they received my police certificate.
davidsk, thank you! I'm actually in the UK on a student visa, so my situation is quite different, but hopefully there should be no problem with my application. I guess it all depends on individual circumstances. From what I've read, there were some that took as long as sixteen weeks!
Old May 11th 2011, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

any other experiences?
Old May 11th 2011, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
my hubby applied for his on the 30th march.so 6 wks ago today,havent heard anything. it did say 8/10 wks timescale on the web site.i
panic is setting in now if its only 6 wks wait.hope we didnt do anything wrong.
nightmare.
Old May 11th 2011, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

hi irishgirl33, i think it may really be at least 8 weeks. please do update us when you finally get your passports back. will keep my fingers crossed for you
Old May 26th 2011, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

8 wks yesterday and still waiting.nightmare/.
Old May 26th 2011, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

davidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by irishgirl33
8 wks yesterday and still waiting.nightmare/.
To be honest, if your paper is ready, it is much quicker to apply at the port of entry.

I changed the employer and needed a new work permit. I just applied at the port of entry when I arrived. Of course, the condition is that you don't need a visa to visit Canada.

It took ages for me to get the first work permit from the London visa office.
Old May 26th 2011, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

It took ages for me to get the first work permit from the London visa office.
davidsk, how long did you have to wait from the moment you submitted your application at the London CHC until they sent you the letter?
Old May 26th 2011, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MRC23
davidsk, how long did you have to wait from the moment you submitted your application at the London CHC until they sent you the letter?
4 weeks for the first one, then another 6 weeks to get their approved letter.
Old May 26th 2011, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

4 weeks for the first one, then another 6 weeks to get their approved letter.
So if I understand correctly - you heard back from them after 4 weeks, then after those 4 weeks you had to wait another 6 six weeks? So in total (from the moment you submitted your application in London until the actual letter arrived in your mailbox), it's 10 weeks?
Old May 26th 2011, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MRC23
So if I understand correctly - you heard back from them after 4 weeks, then after those 4 weeks you had to wait another 6 six weeks? So in total (from the moment you submitted your application in London until the actual letter arrived in your mailbox), it's 10 weeks?
yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.