TWP Timeline

Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

mrwilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP Timeline

Hi

I am currently in talks with my employers about moving out the Canada and will, if successful follow the inter-company transfer process, I am eligible to do this. My question is how long will it take from when we are given the go ahead from my company in CA to when we land on Canadian soil? Has anyone any experience of the process.

Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: TWP Timeline

Also, can we apply for PR as our first option or is TWP the only way to go with an inter-company transfer?

Thx
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:18 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont really know the answer, but hopefully someone will move this to the Immigration forum shortly- you might get a better response there...
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read of this and it should answer all of your questions............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Intra-...ransfer-Canada

You cannot apply for PR for an intra-company transfer (unless you qualify for a visa in your own right, but a transfer gives you no advantage), so it will have to be a TWP.

And you can literally turn up to the airport as soon as you've got all of the paperwork required in the article above, and be admitted if it's all in order. There's no LMO required for an intra-company transfer so it's all much quicker than most TWP's.

But, unless I've got you confused with somebody else, aren't you an assistant manager at McDonalds? There's no way that position would be eligible for an intra-company transfer I'm afraid. Read the above link and it outlines the three categories for an intra-company transfer, but that wouldn't come under any of them.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Have a read of this and it should answer all of your questions............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Intra-...ransfer-Canada

You cannot apply for PR for an intra-company transfer (unless you qualify for a visa in your own right, but a transfer gives you no advantage), so it will have to be a TWP.

And you can literally turn up to the airport as soon as you've got all of the paperwork required in the article above, and be admitted if it's all in order. There's no LMO required for an intra-company transfer so it's all much quicker than most TWP's.

But, unless I've got you confused with somebody else, aren't you an assistant manager at McDonalds? There's no way that position would be eligible for an intra-company transfer I'm afraid. Read the above link and it outlines the three categories for an intra-company transfer, but that wouldn't come under any of them.
Hi

I'm just curious to know how you have come to this conclusion? I do believe I fit into one of the categories. Have you experience of McDonalds Managers following the intra-company transfer? Or are you aware of the job role?
I'm gonna be pretty upset if I have misinterpreted that description and I can't actually go.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 3:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrwilson
Hi

I'm just curious to know how you have come to this conclusion? I do believe I fit into one of the categories. Have you experience of McDonalds Managers following the intra-company transfer? Or are you aware of the job role?
I'm gonna be pretty upset if I have misinterpreted that description and I can't actually go.
I may have completely misunderstood your role, are you an assistant manager at a head office or similar then? If so, then you may well qualify. If you're an assistant manager at a branch then I really don't see how you'd qualify as a Senior Manager. Note in the link above it says:

"A first line manager is not considered to be acting in a managerial capacity unless the employees who are being supervised are professionals." No disrespect to anybody working in McDonalds, but not sure you can call them 'professionals'!! I believe that means people with professional skills and qualifications. My husband went the above route and he had to prove he managed people like engineers, project managers, etc.

I'd be extremely surprised if you qualify under the Senior Manager route, especially as you're not actually a a manager but an assistant manager. But it may well be worth a consultation with an immigration lawyer/consultant to see if they think you'd be eligible.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 13th 2010 at 3:03 pm.