TWP to stay longer?

Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute
Default TWP to stay longer?

Hi,

After being in BC for two years on the IEC can I apply for a TWP to stay a while longer and keep working for my employer? Which would then enable me to apply for the Canadan experience class?

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2012, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future
Default Re: TWP to stay longer?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...aq.aspx?view=d

See the answer to the question:

"I am currently in Canada with a work permit issued under the IEC initiative. My employer would like me to continue working after the permit expires. Is this possible? What should I do?"

Basically - you have to apply 30 days before your IEC permit expires to the Case Processing Center in Vegreville (address is on that page I linked).

Your employer will still have to get a valid LMO. A normal LMO can take up to 3 months if they are not eligible for the Accelerated LMO so if you want to carry on working - best talk to your employer about getting that LMO.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP to stay longer?

Yes - but as mentioned above you may need an LMO.

Presumably what you have now is a skilled job at Level 0,A, or B of the NOC. That, together with a fair command of English (which it seems you have) , will allow you to apply in January 2013 if the new regulations go through as currently proposed. Only 1 year of skilled work experience will be needed for CEC. So if you cannot obtain an LMO, you could still submit an application for CEC in January. Of course, make sure to spply for a visitor extension beforehand if you paln to stay on in Canada.

Last edited by firstchoice; Sep 5th 2012 at 4:17 am.