TWP at POE Douglas received

Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

theresaginter is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up TWP at POE Douglas received

Hey everybody,

got my TWP last Saturday after I did the flagpole down at the Douglas Border.
As a lot of other people I was very nevous how it would all go down there, but it was absolutely no problem.

The Americans were super friendly and it took them quite a while to give me the pole flag document because we were chatting so much. So the thread about the US customs beeing very complicated must have been happened on a bad day. It was absolutely no problem and they told me that it will not have any effect on my furture entries.

on the other side at the Canadian Border, I had to go through quite a bit of questioning from the CBSA Officer but answered all his questions as good as I could.
Allthough this wasn`t the most pleasant of all situations it wasn"t the worst and because I had been in Canada in and out for quite a bit in the last 2 Years it was definately understandable why I got asked so many questions.
( I was in Canada because I .live here with my Canadian Common-Law Partner, I mentioned him on my application as well as I told the officer, no problem!!!)

So to all out there that are scared, unsure and having lots of headaches about the whole thing, the only thing that I can say is, that if you have your papers (LMO...) ready and they are complete and you answer all there questions then there is really nothing that can go wrong.

I hope this will help a lot of people out there.
Good Luck