TWP photos and SAE

Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default TWP photos and SAE

I'm confused, I think it's too many forms to fill, I thought the TWP ones were going to be the easy ones but on the CIC website it says we must send 6 photos each and on the UK CIC website , it says 2. Does anyone know which is correct- I'm assuming the UK site as specific to the UK.

Also I'm sure I've seen somewhere the size of the self addressed envelope needed, but can't find it now, does anyone know?
Many thanks
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TWP photos and SAE

Hi Snoopdawg
You only send two photos to CIC London.

See the link below for envelope sizes.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576838

Just read the checklist on CIC website and it says 2 photos.

APPLICATION FOR A WORK PERMIT – CHECKLIST
2 passport photographs for yourself and every accompanying family member. Signed, dated and taken in the past 6 months.*
Staple the photographs to the application form

Mandy & Kev

Last edited by Trophy; Mar 21st 2009 at 9:10 pm. Reason: More info added
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for photo advice, but have tried your link for the envelope and found that it's the same one I've tried earlier. The problem is CIC in London have just changed their website and their own link won't work!! So I can't find it, but am also assuming A4 size but not sure and how much postage??
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Snoopdawg
I am sorry, I have tried to find the info but can't.
I know that when I got my letter requesting the meds that came in the A5 envelope we self addressed. I am sure we sent it in an A4 envelope.

The cost of posting was £5.05 that was for guaranteed delivery next day.

Mandy & Kev

Last edited by Trophy; Mar 21st 2009 at 9:35 pm. Reason: info addition
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for trying
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hope all goes well with your application.

Where are you planning on moving to in Canada?

Mandy & Kev
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Okanagan. BC is the easiest place for us to move job wise , but it suits us as we love mountains, lakes and wildlife, and BC has that in bucket loads . We love Alberta as well but would be a longer slog to get there as OH would need to do some extra work in the UK first.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snoopdawg
I'm confused, I think it's too many forms to fill, I thought the TWP ones were going to be the easy ones but on the CIC website it says we must send 6 photos each and on the UK CIC website , it says 2. Does anyone know which is correct- I'm assuming the UK site as specific to the UK.

Also I'm sure I've seen somewhere the size of the self addressed envelope needed, but can't find it now, does anyone know?
Many thanks
hi snoopdawg,

we completed everything from the cic uk website checklist so its 2 photo's and the envelope is a MINIMUM of 8inch x 6inch

i sent mine just over a week ago

kae
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks kae, thaks really useful, how much postage did you put on the SAE?
Old Mar 21st 2009, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

by all accounts its just a letter they send you , so because i sent an A4 size envelope i put 2 first class stamps on...if its not enough i'm sure i will get one of them cards put through the door telling me to collect something from the GPO...in which casei know it will be this and have got to pay the £1.00 fee to collect it plus the difference in the postage costs !!!!

k
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

You don't put postage on the envelope, just the address.

Mandy quoted what it cost us in postage to send our application, not what postage we paid on the return envelope. Sorry for the confusion, I've let her know now.

Kev
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trophy
You don't put postage on the envelope, just the address.

Mandy quoted what it cost us in postage to send our application, not what postage we paid on the return envelope. Sorry for the confusion, I've let her know now.

Kev
Hi Trophy i took the SAE as a stamped addressed envelope rather than a self-addressed envelope !!!!! hahahah

oh well if that's the case CIC have 2 free stamps...good for them...doubt it will make them process my app quicker though !!!!!
k