TWP fees

Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

mclaren family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP fees

Another question sorry

I have had a look at the fees calculator and now I'm confused (doesn't take much )

Anyway I take it you don't need to pay the PR Fee as your only applying for TWP for the time being

Do you still need to do the landing fees?

And in the temporary work permit section

Is it the maximum family rate or multiple you choose

and will it be 1 work permit or 2 hoping for me to get an open one

I feel so confused and like I'm going round in circles
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: TWP fees

this is what i have so far, does it seem alright

Application Quantity Price(C$)/Unit Total(C$)
Immigration Applications for Persons Outside Canada
Permanent Residence
Other classes of applicants - Skilled Workers, Provincial Nominees, Canadian Experience Class
Principal applicant 1 $550.00 $550.00
A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner 1 $550.00 $550.00
A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner 2 $150.00 $300.00
Temporary Residence
Maximum Family Rate 1 $400.00 $400.00
Work Permits
Work Permit (including extensions) 2 $150.00 $300.00
Total: $2100.00
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:35 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mclaren family
Another question sorry

I have had a look at the fees calculator and now I'm confused (doesn't take much )

Anyway I take it you don't need to pay the PR Fee as your only applying for TWP for the time being

Do you still need to do the landing fees?

And in the temporary work permit section

Is it the maximum family rate or multiple you choose

and will it be 1 work permit or 2 hoping for me to get an open one

I feel so confused and like I'm going round in circles
hi there....im another fellow scot...im already here in alberta although still going through paperwork...it can get complicated.

you do not pay pr fees at this stage or landing fees.....all you will be paying for is you twp for your hubby and your open spousal and any kids study permits!!

i dont know what you mean by the twp section and mutilples???

feel free to ask more or private message me and we can exchange emails or facebook?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

I have no idea what half of it means with regards to the multiples etc

its here in the calculator

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/efee/efee.do

I'll pm you my details

thanks for the info
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

I have no idea what half of it means with regards to the multiples etc

its here in the calculator

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/efee/efee.do

I'll pm you my details

thanks for the info
the link you posted is for permanent residency and citizenship application fees. A single work permit costs $150.

The other stuff doesn't concern you until you apply to become a permanent resident.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto what everybody else has said, forget the permanent residency fees as that is not applicable to you. You are only applying for a Temporary Work Permit.

You should be paying $150 for your work permit, $150 for your spouses work permit (if they want an open work permit - and I'd recommend they get it even if they don't plan to work, so it's there just in case), plus study permits for your kids (again, not always needed but as it's not much money it might be better to get them anyway just in case).

Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

thank you
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:01 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

I applied for a TWP, a SOWP and 3 x study permits for the kids.

The TWP and SOWP were $150 each
The study permits were $125 each

Went to the Lloyds bank and asked them to make a Canadian bankers draft in Canadian dollars for the total made payable to RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA

The bankers draft was ready the next day.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:25 pm

im sure we couldnt get my sowp right away (we got it relatively easy though after getting here) but i would definately get the kids study permits and your hubbys wp paid and sorted !

we had applied for a study permit for our 4yr old son who was going to be 5yrs ready to start kindergarten and they wanted us to plan in advance and organise a study permit for our 3yr old (who was soon to be 4yrs) old because she would be starting kindergarten within the original 2 year work permit!

i actually have 3 kids but my youngest was 11 months when we arrived here...so luckily for us they didnt require a study permit for her....although it wouldnt have surprised me ..lol

sometimes they can be so difficult and twisted as unfortunately you will probably find out at some point.

but im glad to see others have posted their advice and stories ..it definately helps..very useful site!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunniflat
im sure we couldnt get my sowp right away (we got it relatively easy though after getting here) but i would definately get the kids study permits and your hubbys wp paid and sorted !
You could have got it at the same time as you got hubby's TWP - you either ask for it at POE if you apply there, or just fill in another form when you send them off for TWP via London.

Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

alilane will become famous soon enough

Hi.. sorry to butt in.. lol

Just want some reassurance that I'm not going to encounter any problems at POE with my spousal WP and kids study permits as I'm landing a few months (not through choice) after my husband. I have a copy of his job offer letter and his LMO, etc... Just dont want to be stranded with nowhere to go..
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alilane
Hi.. sorry to butt in.. lol

Just want some reassurance that I'm not going to encounter any problems at POE with my spousal WP and kids study permits as I'm landing a few months (not through choice) after my husband. I have a copy of his job offer letter and his LMO, etc... Just dont want to be stranded with nowhere to go..
Any chance you could land at the same time as your husband for a weeks holiday and to help him find his feet etc, get you sin cards etc all sorted and head back home.

I've heard of wife's etc doing this with PR status being granted, so it hopefully is the same with TWP, someone correct me if I'm wrong though
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

alilane will become famous soon enough

Sadly not... due to my work etc.. OH cannot leave it any later to go.. this is why I said its not through chioce....
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

while looking through things earlier, I found this in the wiki

Applying after spouse at port of entry

You also may apply for a spousal open work permit at your POE if you travel to Canada after your partner has been issued with a temporary work permit or study permit and already is working or studying in Canada.

In this case the following spouse/partner must have a copy of the principal applicant's valid work/study permit and evidence that the principal applicant is working or studying in Canada.

Other standard conditions and fee apply.

you can read all about spousal work permits on this link to the wiki

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa..._Permit-Canada
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:46 pm

well thats good news..........makes things a bit easier then eh ?
while looking through things earlier, I found this in the wiki

Applying after spouse at port of entry

You also may apply for a spousal open work permit at your POE if you travel to Canada after your partner has been issued with a temporary work permit or study permit and already is working or studying in Canada.

In this case the following spouse/partner must have a copy of the principal applicant's valid work/study permit and evidence that the principal applicant is working or studying in Canada.

Other standard conditions and fee apply.

you can read all about spousal work permits on this link to the wiki

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa..._Permit-Canada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.