Wikiposts

TWP and fast track ?

Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice
Default TWP and fast track ?

In the very near future I am hoping to be working in Ontario on a TWP.I shall then apply for PR through the fast track system, with letters from my employer,wage slips etc.Would it benefit me to get a 1 year WP,so it is fast tracked,or,would it still be fast tracked if I obtained a 3 year WP.I am wanting to obtain the PR as soon as possible to enable my 18 year old son to work, as I understand he can not work until PR is granted.Any comments or advice will be much appreciated.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:17 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP and fast track ?

Originally Posted by markan
In the very near future I am hoping to be working in Ontario on a TWP.I shall then apply for PR through the fast track system, with letters from my employer,wage slips etc.Would it benefit me to get a 1 year WP,so it is fast tracked,or,would it still be fast tracked if I obtained a 3 year WP.I am wanting to obtain the PR as soon as possible to enable my 18 year old son to work, as I understand he can not work until PR is granted.Any comments or advice will be much appreciated.
I don't believe you'll have a choice in how long the WP is issued for - that's for immigration to decide.

I've a 3yr WP, and applied for PR 6mths before it was issued - CHC's attitude to me is that they won't fast track me through the system as I'm now resident (albeit on a temporary basis), running a business and therefore in no immediate need of requiring PR - other cases take priority according to them.

If you're able to get sponsorship from an employer (PNP type application) then the likelihood of fast-tracking is increased - a friend of mine came to BC on that basis, and it took 14mths for his PR to come through (he was initially given a 2yr WP).
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

R I C H is correct there - you personally have no impact on the length that a TWP is issued for. If your new employer is using an immigration lawyer to deal with the LMO application etc then the employer could get the lawyer to put together a pack for you to take to the POE when you go for your TWP requesting how long a TWP the employer wants.

PS - Thread hijack for a mo R I C H OMG the equestrian centre is fab just wish I had the money to buy it - although I cant even get up into a saddle

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER

I would get your SW application off as soon as you start work with copies of your payslips and a letter from your employer stating that they want your job to be turned into a permanent one if you get PR. Submit this to London CHC office and tell them that you are currently in Canada and want PR etc etc.

This way takes about 6months at the mo - search for a post by Pete66 and therefore will be quicker than a PNP scheme application.

The down side of all of this is that your son will not be able to work until you have PR and have "landed" or if he gets a job and goes through a LMO/TWP of his own

Good Luck

Gaynor
x
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markan
Have you read the WIKI page about BUNAC out on a limb here but he is 18 and i know it only gives him a year actually working if your PR is in it should be fast tracked as others have said, worth a look,
wish you all the best
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice

Thanks for all your correspondence. My son is not actually 18 until March 13,so he can'not apply until this date.After reading other threads on the BE site I am under the illusion that all BUNAC places will have been filled by then.