Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP Extension - Medical (URGENT HELP PLEASE)

TWP Extension - Medical (URGENT HELP PLEASE)

Old Jun 6th 2011, 12:15 am
Just Joined

nikandpete is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry TWP Extension - Medical (URGENT HELP PLEASE)

OK so the story so far. Living in NS on TWP (I am a physio so am the primary, my OH is here on an open permit), permit expired May 25 2011 (due to my old passprt when we first came). So in Feb we re-applied for TWP, was told no LMO required because of PR app and permanent job. April 29th received TWP extended til June 18 2011 and told to get LMO. Got LMO in 2 weeks.
Spent 14hrs in car driving from NS to Maine.... got to border "sure we'll do that for you". 3hrs later the border guard had called his supervisor at home, and 3 other ports to give us the bad news... my medical is out of date and cannot be renewed until that is done.
However CIC have not told me I need to update my medical - I even asked them this question. So... should I go and get it down or do I need something from them.
On top of all this I have to leave Canada on the 21st due to my dad having surgery, so will have to drive to the States again to get this done before I leave.
I am at the end of my rope with this.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP Extension - Medical (URGENT HELP PLEASE)

I just renewed my TWP and my medical is over 12 months old and I had no problems obtaining TWP, I did renew inland but doubt that will make a difference
Old Jun 7th 2011, 12:04 am
Just Joined

nikandpete is an unknown quantity at this point

Inland.. I take it you did an online application? I only have 12 days until I leave Canada
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, printed everything and posted it. Took 5 months and worked 2 months in implied status, so you will not have time to go this route. You could always get your TWP on return from UK instead of driving to Maine ( I would have thought)