TWP application status question

Old Aug 16th 2021, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Stewie73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP application status question

I have a daft question as it doesn't seem obvious to me. On the main application submitted page, it shows our TWP's Current status as submitted.

On the Application status page, it shows :
Latest update:
Biometrics - July 27, 2021:Completed.

Which is 3 weeks ago tomorrow. The bottom section of the page reads as follows:

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
July 27, 2021 Completed.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So do we read it as each one is a stage, and out of the 7 stages, we are on stage 6 "Processing background checks" ?

Relevant dates are:
  • Date Received: July 16, 2021
  • Biometrics - July 27, 2021:Completed
The reason for the length difference in the 2 dates above, is we were going to London on the 27th and fitted in the appointment to do them.

On the 16th when we submitted, it was showing a processing timeframe of 3 weeks, this increased to 4 in late July and now 5 as of yesterday if memory serves.

So just trying to gauge when all things should go through.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 16th 2021, 5:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP application status question

Yes, they are all separate 'stages' documents and medical appear to be completed - as are biometrics... and no need for the interview - the last stage after background checks will be 'LOI issued' for final decision.
Background checks in progress - is a good place to be but they could take days or weeks, so not really of help
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...qnum=022&top=4
Old Aug 16th 2021, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Siouxie,

Most helpful, so just a case of waiting now then,

I'll start getting the PR paperwork completed now then and sent in :@)
Old Aug 30th 2021, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

just_jen_1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stewie73
I have a daft question as it doesn't seem obvious to me. On the main application submitted page, it shows our TWP's Current status as submitted.

On the Application status page, it shows :
Latest update:
Biometrics - July 27, 2021:Completed.

Which is 3 weeks ago tomorrow. The bottom section of the page reads as follows:

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
July 27, 2021 Completed.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So do we read it as each one is a stage, and out of the 7 stages, we are on stage 6 "Processing background checks" ?

Relevant dates are:
  • Date Received: July 16, 2021
  • Biometrics - July 27, 2021:Completed
The reason for the length difference in the 2 dates above, is we were going to London on the 27th and fitted in the appointment to do them.

On the 16th when we submitted, it was showing a processing timeframe of 3 weeks, this increased to 4 in late July and now 5 as of yesterday if memory serves.

So just trying to gauge when all things should go through.

Thanks in advance
Hi,

We are in the same boat except we went via an immigration agent based in Canada. We submitted our application along with police checks and medical on 13th July. We received our invitation to give biometrics on 27th July and attended London for our biometrics on 2nd August. We received confirmation that biometrics were received on 2nd August. When we sent our application on 13th July it showed as a 3 week processing time, the the day we submitted our biometrics it showed as 4weeks, the the week later showed as 5weeks, then 6weeks and now it shows as 7 weeks. We initially worked out the time frame based on 4 weeks from the day we submitted our application, however, when I read it again it based it on a complete application so I assumed that meant from when literally everything including biometrics had been done so 4weeks from that date took us to today - 30th August. If we time it from the date we sent the online application then we're into week 6 when it said a 3week turnaround based on past applications. We haven't heard anything yet and I expect we may not hear anything for potentially another 2-3weeks although I'm hoping that isn't the case. Our profile shows the same breakdown as yours does in terms of what's being processed and reviewed. Good luck and hopefully we both hear sooner rather than later
Old Aug 31st 2021, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi Just_Jen_86,

Yeah, it is most frustrating that the timings go up but nothing changes on the IRCC portal page to see where you are, its not like the section list changes colour so that you know what is and what is not completed.

For my TWP, it did not ask for the Police report (even though that's something I have had for 3 months now), just hoping it is not holding things up as I could simply upload mine and SWMBO.

I'll post here when we see a change :-) God I hope it is soon, we are in limbo and want to get things moving so we can be in Canada for Christmas at the very latest. What part of Canada are you looking to move to if you do not mind me asking? We are trying to get to NS, but houses for rent are few and far between...
Old Aug 31st 2021, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

just_jen_1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

I almost wish it didn't display an average processing time as then you don't end up disappointed once you reach the timeframe and haven't heard anything. We are moving to Kelowna in BC, my mum who is a citizen moved out there from the UK 4 weeks ago today and is really happy with where we chose and it looks stunning so we are super eager to get out there now. We looked at NS initially but felt BC suited our family needs better and were lucky enough to get a job offer and an LMIA approved...I thought the permit would be the easy part but it's looking like the LMIA was as we got a response from that in under 6 working days