Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP application based on cond' job offer -hlp!

TWP application based on cond' job offer -hlp!

Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

dudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant future
Default TWP application based on cond' job offer -hlp!

Please could anybody straighten me out on this question:

If you have an LMO from the HRSDC and an email from the employer stating a conditional offer of employment, can you still start the application process for a TWP without an original job offer letter?

Background: the CAF have offered my husband a job in an email, conditional on him getting a waiver ( which they are arranging) from the CF recruitment dept for his online application and apptitude tests ( he has 20yrs experience in the RAF) BUT as the CF recruitment had been outsourced by the DND, there will be a delay in getting this waiver confirmed as this lateral transfer has allegedly never been done before.

The CAF want my OH to send in his TWP app' with the offer email but we dont want to have it refused on 'the wrong paperwork' grounds and therefore delaying the process further. Will the CIC TWP dept accept explanation letters alongside the paperwork expected with the application.

Please can anyone give advice on this as we are stuck as to what to do and cannot get through to the HC in London - we have left a number of voicemails and emails, with no response.

Thanks for any help you can give....
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TWP application based on cond' job offer -hlp!

we had the same dilema, the hospital emailed the LMO but still no formal letter of employment!, i have scrutinised the CIC web site and it is conflicting, in one place it says a conditional offer of employment OR on LMO and on the check list it says letter of employment AND LMO,
wehave just posted ours with a full copy of or LMO and an email recieved from the hospital HR stating the job offer and what ward it is ect, afterall they wouldnt send off for an LMO if there wasnt a job would they?
will keep you posted if we get it back.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

dudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant future
Default Re: TWP application based on cond' job offer -hlp!

Hi Walkerv05

Thanks so much for your reply, sorry for the delay in my response - computer probs

The CAF are still insisting we send the LMO and prov job offer off to the CIC so we shall do the same as you and just wait and see what happens. At least it is only CAN$150 that we possibly lose and maybe it will give us an intro to the immigration process!!!

Will cross everything for your application and let you know how ours goes.

Thanks so much again for your thoughts.

Kind regards