British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   TWP anyone had any good news? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/twp-anyone-had-any-good-news-546804/)

PeterF Nov 27th 2008 2:31 pm

Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

Originally Posted by The Ross Family (Post 7015824)
Gee PeterF

That last comment makes me feel a heap of a lot better!

I'm hoping the last one ain't true as I'm supposed to be xferring office over there once my PR's confirmed. :p

minimeeze Dec 2nd 2008 4:43 pm

Has anyone received TWP's recently? Am getting really fed up waiting as we're all set to go. House sold, car sold, jobs finished.... just need TWP. It's been about 11 weeks since we applied. We've had medicals. Just waiting..............and waiting..............and waiting............. :mad:

Coffeepot Dec 3rd 2008 5:45 am

Originally Posted by minimeeze (Post 7029720)
Has anyone received TWP's recently? Am getting really fed up waiting as we're all set to go. House sold, car sold, jobs finished.... just need TWP. It's been about 11 weeks since we applied. We've had medicals. Just waiting..............and waiting..............and waiting............. :mad:

Does seem that no one is posting, wonder if they swap from LMO/WP etc to PR etc as we seem to have lots of Visas coming out ? just a thought, hope you get yours soon minimeeze,

I know it doesn't help, i just had a funny image of a couple of people sitting at a desk at CIC doing ib dib to decide which ones to look at ;)

minimeeze Dec 3rd 2008 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 7032022)
Does seem that no one is posting, wonder if they swap from LMO/WP etc to PR etc as we seem to have lots of Visas coming out ? just a thought, hope you get yours soon minimeeze,

I know it doesn't help, i just had a funny image of a couple of people sitting at a desk at CIC doing ib dib to decide which ones to look at ;)

It wouldn't surprise me at all :unsure:

Paul in Victoria Dec 13th 2008 7:35 pm

Blooming Heck!!!!
Is this thread still in use???????
I started it back in June as PLW.

I'm over here now, Paul in Victoria.

Good luck to all waiting on TWP.

IT WILL BE WORTH IT..........

:thumbsup:

Pengy Dec 13th 2008 11:59 pm

Am still here too .. just waiting for something .. anything .. a glimmer of hope ..

Was supposed to be in BC for Xmas and New Year ... but Zoom went under and couldn't rebook flights with dates I needed .. am absolutely gutted I won't be there !

Happy Chrimbo anyway all .. and those waiting .. I hope Santa brings ya what ya want !

Peng x

minimeeze Dec 14th 2008 10:48 am

Well I received mine the other day.... for what it's worth! CHC decided to process my PR application at the same time and they now have my passport so I can't go anywhere... I'm stuck!

Fingers crossed that everyone else waiting gets some good news very soon.

ibbye13 Dec 15th 2008 4:37 pm

Hi to all

Just receive the TWP for my partner today as well as the kids on it too. I am happy for her. This is to mention that TWP are still be granted.

Bye

Ibby

Getting There Dec 15th 2008 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by ibbye13 (Post 7069657)
Hi to all

Just receive the TWP for my partner today as well as the kids on it too. I am happy for her. This is to mention that TWP are still be granted.

Bye

Ibby

Many congrats Ibby.

Eamonn & Janet.

Coffeepot Dec 15th 2008 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by minimeeze (Post 7065855)
Well I received mine the other day.... for what it's worth! CHC decided to process my PR application at the same time and they now have my passport so I can't go anywhere... I'm stuck!

Fingers crossed that everyone else waiting gets some good news very soon.

You will get it soon minimeeze, did you contact them ?

Originally Posted by ibbye13 (Post 7069657)
Hi to all

Bye

Ibby

Great news, i thought they had all but dried up, wish you all the very best :thumbsup:

ibbye13 Dec 15th 2008 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 7069761)
You will get it soon minimeeze, did you contact them ?

Great news, i thought they had all but dried up, wish you all the very best :thumbsup:

Hi

To all of you who are waiting ...REMINDER

You should contact the embassy if you dont hear anything after the normal processing time. In my partner's case she waited 8 weeks for the med request. In a reply to an email she sent to the Canadian embassy inquiring about the delay then she knew that it was posted 2 months ago but never arrived at our house.

So thats the reason you have to contact them ...in case i waited 16 weeks for my TWP as we did separate applications. I even asked them to refund my fee then i was told my case will be reviewed on the date they received my email then it was through the post 4 days later.

Bye

Ibby

torontopaddy Dec 15th 2008 6:37 pm

Hey all,

I came into Canada with my wife last December 19th on a one year open TWP. I was very lucky to find a company who agreed to sponsor/apply for a new/extended TWP for me, they did so around 5 weeks back. On Saturday I received news that my LMO had been approved :D

We're delighted!

ibbye13 Dec 16th 2008 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by torontopaddy (Post 7069995)
Hey all,

I came into Canada with my wife last December 19th on a one year open TWP. I was very lucky to find a company who agreed to sponsor/apply for a new/extended TWP for me, they did so around 5 weeks back. On Saturday I received news that my LMO had been approved :D

We're delighted!

Well done Paddy.

good news to be shared.

Ibby

minimeeze Dec 17th 2008 9:44 am

Originally Posted by ibbye13 (Post 7069914)
Hi

To all of you who are waiting ...REMINDER

You should contact the embassy if you dont hear anything after the normal processing time. In my partner's case she waited 8 weeks for the med request. In a reply to an email she sent to the Canadian embassy inquiring about the delay then she knew that it was posted 2 months ago but never arrived at our house.

So thats the reason you have to contact them ...in case i waited 16 weeks for my TWP as we did separate applications. I even asked them to refund my fee then i was told my case will be reviewed on the date they received my email then it was through the post 4 days later.

Bye

Ibby

I have emailed them about 4 times and never got any response! I emailed them after I got the letter asking if I wanted to abandon TWP in favour of PR as I had submitted both, telling them to process whichever was quickest..... and it seems they processed both concurrently!! Doubt I will get a refund :frown:

Thomasst Dec 17th 2008 10:26 am

They are issuing however they seem to have a backlog of 70 days, a friend of mine spoke to them last week and they were processing Septembers applications ( these are renewals) . No use getting stressed about it the system is what it is . Sent my LMO renewal in 4 weeks ago and as of yesterday no one had even looked at it and assigned someone to review! Just 'go with the flow' as there ain't nothing that i can do that will change the system. Just keep smiling !