Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Turned Down - Is there an appeal process??

Turned Down - Is there an appeal process??

Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:24 pm
kap
Just Joined

kap is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Turned Down - Is there an appeal process??

Hi , My best mate has just been turned down for PR , she got the letter yesterday . I was wondering if anyone has any advice on appealing the decision ? They appear to have deducted 5 points on the education score & have not given a very clear reason,also they feel she won't be able to become economically established in Canada. She has an NNBE with at least 14 years experience & background in Manangement for at least 5 years, she meets all other criteria & has funds to set up in Canada, any advice would be really appreciated as I'm trying to help out a devestated friend..

Thanks for your time .
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

fionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nice
Default Re: Turned Down - Is there an appeal process??

Email Andrew Miller he is an immigration lawyer and will be able to give you advice

Fiona

Last edited by fionamst; Jan 12th 2008 at 7:12 pm. Reason: can't spell!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:28 pm

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kap
Hi , My best mate has just been turned down for PR , she got the letter yesterday . I was wondering if anyone has any advice on appealing the decision ? They appear to have deducted 5 points on the education score & have not given a very clear reason,also they feel she won't be able to become economically established in Canada. She has an NNBE with at least 14 years experience & background in Manangement for at least 5 years, she meets all other criteria & has funds to set up in Canada, any advice would be really appreciated as I'm trying to help out a devestated friend..

Thanks for your time .
You might want to look at this site - Immigration Appeal Division.

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/about/t...ad/index_e.htm

Or take a look at CIC's Appeals manual OP12 listed here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/op/index.asp

Last edited by Canada Jane; Jan 12th 2008 at 7:31 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:46 pm
kap
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fionamst
Email Andrew Miller he is an immigration lawyer and will be able to give you advice

Fiona
Hi , Thanks your you advice , I will get her to check it out .
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:47 pm
kap
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Canada Jane

Or take a look at CIC's Appeals manual OP12 listed here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/op/index.asp
Hi thanks for the email addresses I will check them out & pass them on.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada Jane

Doesn't appear to apply to skilled migrant applicants:
http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/about/f..._e.htm#iadfaq1
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:26 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by JAJ
Doesn't appear to apply to skilled migrant applicants:
http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/about/f..._e.htm#iadfaq1
1. The only Appeal is to the Federal Court if there has been an error in law for skilled workers.
2. You can apply for reconsideration to the Program Manager at the CHC where you applied and explain if there was an error made or the points don't reflect your ability to successfully settle in Canada.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:34 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

Location: Mississauga near Toronto - Moving To UK - Birmingham in 7 Weeks
Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future

hi

i was recently refused Pr app

i sent a letter very quickly asking for officer to reconsider the file as very important factors were missed

send detailed info to fight your corner - provide through evidence clearly indicating where points have been missed

i did and got visa's a few weeks later

good luck
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:30 pm
kap
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for the advice,
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:31 pm
kap
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sunny Dulai
hi

i was recently refused Pr app

i sent a letter very quickly asking for officer to reconsider the file as very important factors were missed

send detailed info to fight your corner - provide through evidence clearly indicating where points have been missed

i did and got visa's a few weeks later

good luck
Thanks will give it a go .
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kap

Thanks for your time .
What is NNBE?

Does she not enough education year?
Does she claimed Master degree but CIC treat her only one degree, so deducted 5 points?

Can you tell me more details on her education background?
Thank you!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:23 pm
kap
Just Joined

Originally Posted by immigrants
What is NNBE?

Does she not enough education year?
Does she claimed Master degree but CIC treat her only one degree, so deducted 5 points?

Can you tell me more details on her education background?
Thank you!
Hi, I just noticed my typing error - above should have been NNEB ( Nursery Nursing 2 year diploma) She has done full secondary school education up to age of 16yrs & then got 2 years work experience in her chosen field before returning to fulltime education for the 2 year NNEB diploma.Following that she went on to full time employment in this career reaching a high management level.