Tricky situation

Old Jul 26th 2016, 6:38 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tricky situation

913?? Really? What did you score yourself in each of the sections? Most people don't manage over 400 without a job offer. I am guessing you've miscalculated somewhere...

Edit: Do not give yourself 600 for the job offer yet. You don't have one yet.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 6:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slilayut
Anyone think the study visa would be a good option/the only option? Just spoken to my uncle who says we could use the money from our house on further study for me to get us in? I would be more than happy to continue studying but as this was an option I thought was out so know the least about.
It's certainly an option, as long as you don't mind losing the money from your house (it's an expensive route), and obviously it's not a permanent visa, so you'd need to be prepared to return to the UK if you can't find a way to get PR once there.

913? No idea is this is good or bad?
Best guess hubby scored 6 on language.
That's amazingly good - but I'm guessing you've given yourself the 600 points for a LMIA and job offer, which isn't realistic at the moment (but may be once you've got some skilled work experience). So best to calculate it without a job offer.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Slilayut is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes that's with a job offer! I'm guessing I'll get one lol.
If you take 600 off it 313 plus I added my completed degree.
It's an option we may need to take if we can't get in any other way?
Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that is the plan, he can get llr in 12 months then 12 months after that can apply for citizenship. We don't plan to move until back end of 2018 but I'd like to be prepared and know what sort route we should go down. I'd like to finish my degree and graduate in the UK. But I could do my masters in canada if that works better.
I had my babies young and missed out on the uni thing so in doing it now and love every second of it.
The business is something my hubby dreams of and having the help and opportunities that my uncle is willing to assist with is a dream for both of us.
However we are realistic that things might not work out over there so we need the option to come back. He can always reapply if needed but I'd like to have not burnt my bridges in the UK before we go.
Yes, that is a sound plan. British passport in hand for your hubby you can be rest assured you can come back if it doesn't work out.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:51 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's with a job offer! I'm guessing I'll get one lol.
If a company can prove that no Canadian or PR can do the job. advertise it and prepare to pay $1000 for the LMIA then yes you will get one