Traveling on a Bunac visa

Old May 8th 2009, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Lynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura about
Default Traveling on a Bunac visa

Hello,
My fiancee and I are getting married at the end of the year and want to go to Banff for our honeymoon however this will, I think start our visas. Can we go without the visas being activated as we will return on 28th Jan to work for the year. We hope to find permanent jobs and apply for WP or PR's so don't want to waste 2 months of our visas as we know this could take time!

Can any one shed any light?
Old May 8th 2009, 3:24 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling on a Bunac visa

Originally Posted by Lynsi
Hello,
My fiancee and I are getting married at the end of the year and want to go to Banff for our honeymoon however this will, I think start our visas. Can we go without the visas being activated as we will return on 28th Jan to work for the year. We hope to find permanent jobs and apply for WP or PR's so don't want to waste 2 months of our visas as we know this could take time!

Can any one shed any light?
I believe you can, as long as you don't declare to the IO that you would like to activate your work authorization., i.e. you will travel on a tourist visa.