traveling back to the uk on TWP

Old Sep 14th 2011, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

sarah.h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default traveling back to the uk on TWP

Hi i am about to fly out to UK tomorrow i have just checked my work permit it says- This does not authorize re-entry. what does that mean. i am only going for two weeks would i will be able to come back, please help.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 3:54 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: traveling back to the uk on TWP

Hi

Originally Posted by sarah.h
Hi i am about to fly out to UK tomorrow i have just checked my work permit it says- This does not authorize re-entry. what does that mean. i am only going for two weeks would i will be able to come back, please help.
Making the assumption that you are a UK citizen, and don't require a visitor visa to enter Canada, then it won't stop you from returning.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

sarah.h is an unknown quantity at this point

yes i am a uk citizen.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 1:19 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just ask how this went? I am considering a trip with the family in late summer 2012 and we are just trying to work out exactly what that statement on the TWP means.

did you get on ok?

Anyone else got some advice regarding this?
Old Dec 4th 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

I have been back and forward to UK and Germany many times, I have a TWP. I did not have any problems returning. I was advised by a friend to have a letter from my employer to state I was and remain to be employed by the said employer. This letter was never asked for, infact the first time back I volunteered the letter and it was never read by the immigration officer in Calgary airport.

I was unsure when returning firtst time when filling out the info slip on the plane, as I thought I would fill it out as a visitor, but the nice immigration officer in Calgary airport said I had to fill it out as a resident of Canada, as I was here for a longer time than a visitor.

In all I have had non eventful times when returning to Canada.

Good luck and all enjoy your trips away.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Basically it means that the TWP cannot be used as a travel document. It has to accompany a valid travel document eg passport or other prescribed document valid for travel. The TWP can be cancelled if the person has become inadmissible since leaving Canada i.e charged with offences while on vacation etc.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 3:23 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The TWP is not a visa and for those who require visas to enter Canada it means that they must also have a valid entry visa to enter or return to Canada even though the TWP is still "valid". It just allows you to work.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Moondoggy is an unknown quantity at this point

The immigration officer said to me and my partner the "Does not authorise re-entry" basically means the TWP alone does not allow you to enter Canada. You still need to present your passport when entering.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 5:20 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

That is so reassuring - its gobbledy-gook otherwise